Author Topic: Posting Rules  (Read 2028 times)

Offline raybrag

Posting Rules
« on: March 12, 2008, 01:45:02 PM »
Got the broadcast email today, and it raised a question in my mind.  I understand the restriction on posting photos or stories copied from other sites . . . that's a given.  But does this restriction also apply to posting LINKS to the sites which have stories/photos/videos which might be of interest to board members?  There shouldn't be a copyright issue in that, and it would seem to me that the other sites would be tickled to get the eyeballs.  I hope it's OK to do so . . . but please tell me if it's not.
Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Nycfire.net

Posting Rules
« on: March 12, 2008, 01:45:02 PM »

Offline tbendick

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • Nycfire.net
Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 05:47:41 PM »
Ray.

That must be the Firepics E-mail you are talking about. Putting a link and your description of the link is not a problem.  Some sites even give you the code to post and may or may not include a teaser style discription.  You can look for a "share" link or a "permalink" these are the best things to use to post links.

If you read the rules for many newspaper websites you will see they charge from $250 to $500 for reprints of thier work posted. 

Based on the E-mails I guess someone posted an article and now the content provider wants it's money.

anything