Author Topic: Hiring process  (Read 3701 times)

Offline mercurygrandmarquis1

Hiring process
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:13:31 PM »
Can any FDNY EMT or Paramedic explain the hiring process? I checked the website and have not gotten much information from it. It was last updated in 2007. Have there been any classes since 2007?

Nycfire.net

Hiring process
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:13:31 PM »

Offline tbendick

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • Nycfire.net
Re: Hiring process
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »
Pretty much get your EMT on your own and meet all the requirements
Call the the number get placed on a list and wait.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 06:46:09 PM »
And I sure wish you all the Best Zack. work hard and Don't give up. I wanted to be a fireman (as they were called in those days). It took me Six tests and six years of trying before I got it. For me it just didn't come easy. But I'm sure glad I stuck with it. In fact, I wish I could do it again.

Zack, whether its the FDNY/EMS or any other EMS, they need people that are interested in helping others as you are. I know you would do a Great job, but they won't just hand it to you. As Tommy said, "get your EMT".

Offline tl-ff

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 07:23:18 PM »
There is no test in order to be hired, but you do need an EMT or Paramedic card. Call the number they place you on a list. This list is first come first called and as they need people they will call you. When they call they will tell you to come down to metrotech to do a full medical, past history and drug test. Don't ile about anything they will find out and they could bring legal action against you.  Anything else I can help you with just ask. I did FDNY*EMS for 3 years while I was waiting to be called for FF. I also have experience in all 4 forms of EMS in NYC (private, volunteer, voluntary and FDNY*EMS).