Author Topic: NYC Vollies  (Read 8429 times)

Offline vbcapt

Re: NYC Vollies
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »
How are these companies utilized? Are they dispatched routinely or under special circumstances? Of the 17 years I've been listening to FDNY radio traffic I've only heard Richmond #1 on one occassion.
When you get promoted, it doesn't make your subordinates dumb

Nycfire.net

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »

Offline catry

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 06:36:19 PM »
How are these companies utilized? Are they dispatched routinely or under special circumstances? Of the 17 years I've been listening to FDNY radio traffic I've only heard Richmond #1 on one occassion.

The two Staten Island companies are the only ones recognized by FDNY, and the only ones that are dispatched by FDNY.  For the most part they have their own dispatchers; residents in areas such as Broad Channel will actually call the BCVFD for minor emergencies instead of calling 911.  Since SI has longer response times than most other Boroughs the two companies there will be assigned by FDNY when needed.
Very rarely will FDNY call on other companies; the most recent example I think was 9/11 when Aviation and I think West Hamilton and Richmond Engine were special called in.

Offline irons4life

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 09:59:26 AM »

They are "buffs" thats it!!!  They all sit around and take in runs that are in the clason point section, or at least thats where they are supposed to stay!!  They have been seen in the past taking in ems runs (not that it's a bad thing cause we all know how much ems 96 does) but they are not supposed to be doing them! at least outside of the clason point section which is all the way at the end of E96 & TL54's distrcit! 

What did happen to the rig you guys were using? Last i saw of any mention of the Aviation vollies was an article in the paper and it was not good..Something about the LT (who is ems) taking all the donations and from the WTC "losing" them. It was a huge article.