Author Topic: October 2, 2011 Sad News to Share  (Read 8677 times)

Offline anesti

Re: October 2, 2011 Sad News to Share
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 04:58:15 PM »
Although i talk to Bill about this over the Phone, Although i never met Helen she seemed like a wonderful person. Bill once again sorry for your loss and my deepest  condolences.

Nycfire.net

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 04:58:15 PM »

Offline IRISH

• Fire-Ireland.com
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 05:17:26 PM »

Sorry for your loss Bill. Thoughts are with you and your family at this time

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasail

Dec
www.fire-ireland.com for the Latest Firefighting News / Incidents from Ireland
or Follow Us On Twitter @FireIreland

Offline baileyjeff

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 10:35:46 PM »
So sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace.

Offline Buff9663

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 11:37:32 PM »
My condolences

Offline Lionheart

• holfri.de
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 03:58:53 AM »
My condolences sent from germany!

Offline efd274

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2011, 10:30:36 AM »
Bill,

So sorry to hear of your wife's passing - my prayers are with you and your family - "May God hold you in the hallow of his hand"

Gene

Offline kidfrmqns

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2011, 11:12:48 AM »
Bill,
You are in my prayers, may your wife rest in peace.

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2011, 09:42:21 AM »
Thank you all for the very kind words that I recieved. I also recieved several E-mails, "PMs" and phone calls. Its nice to know that there are so many good people out there.
   I recievd a "PM" from a chief in Fort Worth, Texas who lost his wife from cancer 8 years ago on Christmas Day. They had been married for 33 years.
   Another I recieved from a long time friend who retired from the Bridgeport, Ct Fire Dept and later became the Deputy Chief of Fairfield, Ct. He lost his wife Kathy from Cancer two and a half years ago. He says each and every month on the anniversary of her death, he visits her at the cemetary.
   I recieved another from a Firefighter in Waterbury, Ct. He told me that when his son was 15 yrs old he had brain cancer. He was treated in Boston using the "Jimmy Fund" and he is now 21 years old and joining the United States Air Force to defend Our Country.
   When Helen was first diagonised with her cancer in November, 2009, it had already spread to her brain. We made the trip to Yale New Haven Hospital where they were able to get rid of those six tumors, fairly painless using a new machine called "Gamma Knife Radiation". This machine had recently been developed in Pittsburgh. That machine gave Helen and I more time together, for which I am truely greatful.
   I guess what I'm trying to say is that we have certainly come a long way in this battle with Cancer. But we still have a long way to go. There are so many people affected by this today. So if you are able to help out with organizations like the American Cancer Society, or the Jimmy Fund, please do that.
   I do want to say that at the time of my wife Helens death, she was able to donate her eyes to the National Eye Bank so that someone who could Not see, can Now See. I am told that I will be recieving a letter describing that person who recieved Helens eyes. I will pass that info on when I recieve it.
  Thank you again for all the kind words. I know that "Pumpkin" (Helen) would want me to move on. I'll do my best, but I'm sure gonna miss her. She was such a Great wife. I hope its true that we will meet again someday. I love you so much Pumpkin. Rest in Peace and Thank you for those very happy 34 years together.

anything