Author Topic: Chicago Inspector General vs CFD  (Read 1187 times)

Offline grumpy grizzly

Chicago Inspector General vs CFD
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »
The Chicago Inspector General states he is the watchdog for the taxpayers. He is "mandating' manning of companies from 5 to 4. One point of reference in CFD: The driver/chaffeur is also the pump operator. 4-1=3. One member is a officer. 3-1=2. @ guys on the big line ain't going to work. By the way, the IG is an auditor, aka "bean counter" >:( >:( >:( >:( ::) :( :( :(
FAC 20 TASS 68-69 SVN. Hue/PhuBai , Boston Spark from 71-79, Chicago 79-15, Bloomington/Normal 2015- present

Nycfire.net

Chicago Inspector General vs CFD
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »

Offline Bulldog

Offline Zing the grumpygrizzly jr

Re: Chicago Inspector General vs CFD
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 12:07:55 AM »
the inspector is full of crap......he has no real power...has zero training as a firefighter and must be the most useless inspector general out there since he serves in the most corrupt cities in america. What he needs to do is look at his job description and keep his brown nose out of what he knows nothing of.....hes trying to act like he is a genious to the point that he figured out if we pay less people we will have more money.....I learned that in the 3rd grade he must be a little behind the curve.......this city already is crime controlled because they stopped hiring cops.......the cities firefighters work a ton of ot since they are below manpower also.....there is alot of other things that can be done first before cutting any emergency services......why dont the politicians that have 6 figure salaries take a small pay cut......the goverenment wanted the big bussinesses that needed help to have there ceo drop there money lifestyle.....why cant the politicians do the same.....this country was founded on the principles of being free and goverened by the people...so why do the people suffer while the politicians live the life of luxury......if any of us screwed up and lost ton of money or made our company go in debt we would be fired.....i think the politicians need to be held to the same standard. A politician is not a famous person......they are just supposed to be the voice of the people......not the person reaching into our pockets........so lets go with what the inspector wants to do....cut the manpower down...well that means unemployment will go way back up....than more firefighters will get hurt.....more rigs will be needed to support the needed manpower so that will be more gas that is needed.....more miles will be put on rigs faster so that means truck breakdowns so that will mean new trucks needed to be purchased.......so I guess the inspector again just has no idea how to do his job since cutting the firefighters will actually cost the city more in the long run.....maybe this inspector general used to work for Enron I heard they were good with numbers.......
James J. Munzing
Beach Park Fire Rescue

USMC Crash Fire Rescue

Offline jacquette

Re: Chicago Inspector General vs CFD
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:22:39 AM »
 I applaud Chief Hoff's statements, disagreeing with I.G. recommendations. Standing up for the safety of the public and his firefighters.