52 E. 114th St. firehouse was a 2 bay station opened July 1, 1904 built for a double Ladder 26 and Water Tower 4. Water Tower 4 was there from day one until March 9, 1957. The 2nd section of Ladder 26 was disbanded on Nov. 1st, 1946 so there was room for E58 to be moved in there in 1948 from their own house at 81 West 115th St. The original 2nd section of Ladder 26 was reorganized on March 11, 1957 right after Water Tower 4 was disbanded and was in service until April 20, 1959. Side note: The 1957-1959 reorganization of L26(2) was because L22's 2nd section had to be taken out of 766 Amsterdam Ave. to make room for Engine 76 and Battalion 11 who were moving in because their firehouse on West 102nd St. was being demolished for a NYCHA Project. BTW, Engine 76's old firehouse was a 2 bay house built for a double E76. That 2nd section was disbanded in 1946.