Author Topic: NYC MEASLES OUTBREAK.  (Read 317 times)

Offline 68jk09

NYC MEASLES OUTBREAK.
« on: April 18, 2019, 05:02:57 PM »
http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider/resources/do/2019/034_sup_36_2019_eoe.pdf

Nycfire.net

NYC MEASLES OUTBREAK.
« on: April 18, 2019, 05:02:57 PM »

Offline jks19714

Re: NYC MEASLES OUTBREAK.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 06:45:25 PM »
Polio immunizations started when I was about 6 or so.  Most of the other childhood diseases  didn't have vaccines yet, and I believe that I had just about all of them. Mumps were the worst. I had peers with polio who lived down the street. Iron lungs are something you don't forget.

But when the shots came out, you'd better believe I had all of them.  Even had anthrax and rabies shots when I was 18 and working summers at Ft Detrick in the early 70's.

Some of them weren't too pleasant. But after seeing animals with rabies and anthrax, you heard no complaints from me! (If you see me foaming at the mouth, it's just the insanity at work!)

Offline manhattan

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 10:41:03 PM »
Foaming at the mouth is easy to deal with.  Just take out a toothbrush and go to work "cleaning" your teeth.  At the very least you'll have your choice of seats on any bus or subway car in the city - or the suburbs, for that matter.  In fact you might get the entire bus or train to yourself!

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 07:48:06 AM »
Foaming at the mouth is easy to deal with.  Just take out a toothbrush and go to work "cleaning" your teeth.  At the very least you'll have your choice of seats on any bus or subway car in the city - or the suburbs, for that matter.  In fact you might get the entire bus or train to yourself!

"manhattan" - Are you sure you worked in a NYC Hospital and NOT some firehouse ? The reason I ask is because you have all the makings of sitting at a firehouse kitchen table and being able to settle any issues that are presented. Your response reflex's what a well seasoned firefighter might say.