Author Topic: The Ventures/Days of Doo Wop  (Read 95154 times)

Nycfire.net

Re: The Ventures/Days of Doo Wop
« Reply #390 on: February 06, 2019, 12:40:15 AM »

Offline memory master

« Reply #391 on: February 06, 2019, 06:31:34 PM »
A sad day. We lost some of the top "chart busters" in that tragedy.  Continue to Rest In Peace and thanks for the memories of some great years.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #392 on: February 20, 2019, 06:01:56 AM »
AMERICAN BANDSTAND REVIEW by The Arminio Family....   

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #393 on: February 20, 2019, 08:33:57 AM »

Thanks Chief, "that was GREAT". Yes, Doo Wop is Alive and Well.

This morning here at the Ole' Homestead, about 100 miles from NYC, it is about 18 degrees and as I downed my second hot cup of coffee, I started to play this video. I can tell you "it made my day". I was singing to those tunes right along with them. Well maybe I don't sound like Frankie Valle anymore but I sure did try.

Just to add a personal note here, along with the Great Days of Doo Wop being Alive and Well, my favorite place to go grocery shopping, not far from the Ole' Homestead is a place called "Big Y". Not only do they have great deals and good food, but as I push the shopping cart around, songs like these Doo Wop Hits are played over the speaker system throughout the store. It sure makes spending money for food a lot easier to take.

I plan to pass this Doo Wop video around to some friends who I think, "it will probably make their day too".

Thank you.

Offline manhattan

« Reply #394 on: February 20, 2019, 09:22:24 PM »
"I was singing to those tunes right along with them. Well maybe I don't sound like Frankie Valle anymore but I sure did try."

Bill, a few people here, about 100 miles south of you, were wondering what that racket was.  Thanks for letting us know!

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #395 on: February 20, 2019, 10:00:59 PM »
"I was singing to those tunes right along with them. Well maybe I don't sound like Frankie Valle anymore but I sure did try."

Bill, a few people here, about 100 miles south of you, were wondering what that racket was.  Thanks for letting us know!

"manhattan", it wasn't only me you guys in the city heard. It might have been the dogs. They were howling in the neighborhood too.

Chief, I passed that video around. I think a few more guys are hooked on that Joey Arminio and Family group too.

Offline gjb114

« Reply #396 on: February 20, 2019, 10:49:02 PM »
Excellent!!! Thanks for sharing. It doesn't matter who performs these reviews as it brings back many good memories of those years gone by. Each of those songs reminds us of the year it came out and what our lives were back then. This is a GREAT thread on this site!!!

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #397 on: February 21, 2019, 08:10:47 AM »

Thanks Chief, "that was GREAT". Yes, Doo Wop is Alive and Well.

This morning here at the Ole' Homestead, about 100 miles from NYC, it is about 18 degrees and as I downed my second hot cup of coffee, I started to play this video. I can tell you "it made my day". I was singing to those tunes right along with them. Well maybe I don't sound like Frankie Valle anymore but I sure did try.

Just to add a personal note here, along with the Great Days of Doo Wop being Alive and Well, my favorite place to go grocery shopping, not far from the Ole' Homestead is a place called "Big Y". Not only do they have great deals and good food, but as I push the shopping cart around, songs like these Doo Wop Hits are played over the speaker system throughout the store. It sure makes spending money for food a lot easier to take.

I plan to pass this Doo Wop video around to some friends who I think, "it will probably make their day too".

Thank you.

Fans of the Doo Wop Era, as well as the FDNY, there's more to tell. For Joey Arminio and the Family, according to the lead lady singer of the group, Doreen Arminio, "BOTH her DAD and BROTHER are FDNY".

You get to see them all in this Doo Wop video.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #398 on: February 24, 2019, 07:35:04 AM »
 Quote : Fans of the Doo Wop Era, as well as the FDNY, there's more to tell. For Joey Arminio and the Family, according to the lead lady singer of the group, Doreen Arminio, "BOTH her DAD and BROTHER are FDNY".

You get to see them all in this Doo Wop video.

[/quote]

NOTE - I need to make a correction to the above post. In the above video, you do NOT see Doreen Arminio's father, a Retired FDNY War Years Firefighter. But what I learned and wanted to pass onto you is that her father is Retired FDNY ECC, Tom Brusea, of Brooklyn's Engine 310. Maybe some of you know him.

Offline t123ken

« Reply #399 on: February 24, 2019, 01:57:47 PM »
Probably Tom Brusca.
He was in the photo of then Lieutenant Sal Cassano doing mouth-to-mouth on a child pulled from a fire building.

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #400 on: February 24, 2019, 02:54:10 PM »
Lieutenant Sal Cassano doing mouth-to-mouth on a child pulled from a fire building - FF Tom Brusca E 310 assisting:

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #401 on: February 24, 2019, 03:31:30 PM »
In the above picture the FF in the back is Glenn Harris then a FF in R*2 now one of the most Senior LTs OTJ working in LAD*142.....i remember Tom Brusca in 310 from when i was in R*2 & later a Covering LT passing thru 310....i did not know his Daughter was an accomplished  Doo Wop singer....i have been a fan of the group but i did not know the relationship.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #402 on: March 09, 2019, 10:08:32 PM »
"YOU CALL ME ANGEL"   ....

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #403 on: March 10, 2019, 08:13:35 PM »
  Is that Doo Wop singer Larry Chance, the lead singer of "The Earls" around the 3:35 minute mark of the music video ? Maybe ??? Kind of looks like him.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 10:29:56 PM by nfd2004 »

Offline JOR176

« Reply #404 on: March 10, 2019, 09:21:54 PM »
Willy you are correct Larry Chance at 3:35

anything