Author Topic: FDNY Battalion Chief James McGlynn is hanging up his helmet after 33 years.  (Read 310 times)

Offline BoroCall

• Former:NYCRelief,Recovery,Support & counties
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/04/12/fdny-james-mcglynn-retiring/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) An FDNY battalion chief who survived the 9/11 terror attacks is hanging up his helmet after 33 years of service.

May god bless you chief on a WELL deserved retirement - Much good luck to you for many healthy & happy years ahead.

Nycfire.net

Offline enginecap

I know all of this coverage is embarrassing Jimmy....he just wants to go away quietly
I just want one more good fire

Offline BoroCall

I know all of this coverage is embarrassing Jimmy....he just wants to go away quietly

The Chief, deserves total recognition, to have survived 9/11 and then to stay with the job, till retirement is quite an accomplishment.  Proud, is an understatement!!

Offline enginecap

Yes, obviously the recognition is well deserved.  Hes a good man!!   But I know he does not revel in all this fluff.   You know him well, BoroCall?
I just want one more good fire

Offline BoroCall

Yes, obviously the recognition is well deserved.  Hes a good man!!   But I know he does not revel in all this fluff.   You know him well, BoroCall?

Not well, but, when I saw him in the news interview, I immediately recognized him.  Back in the day's I worked jobs he was at and we would talk a bit - and at Ground Zero through all the mayhem.