Author Topic: OUR MILITARY.  (Read 177903 times)

Offline mikeindabronx

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:53:24 AM by mikeindabronx »

Nycfire.net

Re: OUR MILITARY.
« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2014, 10:51:37 AM »

Offline fdny1075k

« Reply #196 on: August 30, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »

Offline manhattan

« Reply #197 on: August 30, 2014, 07:36:16 PM »
I can't remember off hand where I read it either yesterday or today, but two people were arrested while defacing the Sailor's and Soldier's Monument on Riverside Drive.

Offline 68jk09

Offline manhattan

« Reply #199 on: August 30, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »
Thanks, Chief.  If it wasn't so late on a Saturday night and I wasn't so lazy I mightt'a thought of that!!

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2014, 02:36:33 AM »

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2014, 04:24:12 AM »
GOD'S OWN LUNATICS....ALWAYS A WELCOME SOUND...THESE GUYS DID UNBELIEVABLE THINGS.....RESPECT DUE !... 

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2014, 09:15:26 AM »
GOD'S OWN LUNATICS....ALWAYS A WELCOME SOUND...THESE GUYS DID UNBELIEVABLE THINGS.....RESPECT DUE !... 

I am going to pass this video on to two guys I worked with who were a part of those helicopter teams during the Viet Nam War. They are GREAT Guys and they were Great firefighters. One became the Chief of Department and the other became the Deputy Chief of Department, the second highest ranking officer.

They really didn't talk too much about their days in Viet Nam, but when they did, "you had to listen". Other Viet Nam Vets who knew what they did would always tell of the kinds of risk these guys took. They too talked about how glad they were to hear the sounds of those choppers coming in.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2014, 11:33:23 PM »
US NAVY LEAPFROGS.....

Offline FDNY793727

« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2014, 12:31:35 AM »

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2014, 03:24:06 AM »
SEARS TAKES CARE OF THE MILITARY..... QUOTE..... Christmas shopping this year.

I know I needed this reminder, since Sears isn't always my first choice. It's amazing when you think of how long the wars have lasted, and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

What commitment you say?

How does Sears treat its employees who are serving in our military? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being on active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all employees who are serving.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once this year. Be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

I decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:
Thank you for contacting Sears. The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our men and women can make. This is the "least" we can do for them. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.
 Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care

Please pass this on. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our Military!!!

It's verified! By: www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp .... UNQUOTE....THANK YOU SEARS.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2014, 11:04:45 PM »

Offline manhattan

« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2014, 12:35:59 AM »
Interesting counterpoint to this article.  Last night I passed by the site of our last week's Veterans Day ceremony in Chelsea and noted that the wreath was still in its place.  The area is often a gathering site for the transient and the homeless and I learned today that those gentlemen have made sure that the wreath has remained undisturbed for ten days.  Some of them are Veterans. You never know who you're dealing with.  Remember that and keep them in your prayers.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2014, 07:10:58 PM »
TONY ORLANDO ON THE '73 VIETNAM POW RETURN CEREMONY....(thanks to JOR).....  https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=861025907261401&set=vb.114634691900530&type=2&theater

Offline CFDMarshal

« Reply #209 on: December 09, 2014, 08:37:05 PM »
Great Story Chief! I always loved the Bob Hope specials from the war zones.

anything