Author Topic: FDNY Test #2000 List  (Read 30698 times)

Offline jerrygarciafan

Re: FDNY Test #2000 List
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »
No points. List #4xxx. I'm happy to be where I am at.

Any past or current members know how far they could get into this list?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:02:59 PM by jerrygarciafan »
IRONWORKERS LOCAL 11 NEWARK, NJ

Nycfire.net

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »

Offline nycallusiom

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »
list # 1xx am i expected to be hired by spring 2013?

Offline alsc683

• Optimum Online
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 11:20:52 PM »
Probably not by spring of 2013.  Anticipate that the two classes in 2013 will be mostly comprised of EMS promotional candidates.  There is the outside possibility that you could get called for the second class in 2013 (late summer/fall), but that depends on whether or not the promotional list is exhausted.  If I were wagering - I would guess that an open competitive list number in the 100s would be looking at early 2014 at the soonest.  But, no one can say for certain.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 03:20:33 AM »
Do not take anything i post here as Gospel as to how fast the list will move ....however nothing has been said as too the length of proby school.....there are some factors to be considered .....the last classes were for six months but if all the previous subjects in those six months were not "REQUIRED" by the bodies that make the rules then possibly the class may be shortened to only the mandatory subjects w/the probys returning at a later date to attend the "non mandatory" classes (after the overtime was slowed down due to new hires) also as has been done in the past the classes may be overlapped therefore speeding up the time frame to get probys in the field to slow the overtime $$.....this will work out to the benefit of anybody waiting to get on.....whatever works for the city dollar wise will probably fly though....candidates keep your fingers crossed but never give up hope.   

Offline tbendick

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • Nycfire.net
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 03:06:57 PM »
Last time at medicals the staff chief did say that the class would not be 6 months. However they didn't know the exact time frame yet.

Offline dillondotcom

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 04:15:41 PM »
Its amazing how different information is being given out.  At my last medical the staff chief told us 18 weeks for proby school.

Offline mac8146

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 04:18:05 PM »
18 weeks seems to be the general consenus at one point probie school was 23 weeks. There was rumor of 2 additional weeks of peace officer training but nothing firm. So I would say 18 is most likely.

Offline In2theJob

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »
Staff chief told us 18 weeks at medicals last week

Offline FDPV815

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 01:01:16 AM »
Does anyone know what are the other residency things they can choose to accept for Residency credit? I saw the blurb about "The FDNY reserves the right to etc etc"

I lived with my aunt from late 2009 to march 2012 in the city after HS, where I went to HS on long island so I can't provide those. I'm screwed aren't I.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 02:19:24 AM »

FIRE DEPARTMENT
   Job Posting Notice
   NYC_Logo_Image
   Job ID:
      # of Positions:
   116075    3

Business Title:
   Investigator
   Civil Service Title:
   INVESTIGATOR
   Title Code No:       Level:
   31105    00
   Proposed Salary Range:
   $ 34,977.00 - $ 55,848.00 (Annual)
   Work Location:
   9 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn N
   Division/Work Unit:
   Bureau of Human Resources

Job Description
   The Investigator will conduct pre-employment background investigations of Firefighters and other titles. Interview candidates for information relating to their background investigation. Verify education, work experience, military records, references, and other documents as needed in the investigation. Report all case information received and compose case summaries for review by the Senior Investigator. Log data electronically into databases, ensure confidentiality of the application information, and maintain records to ensure compliance with legal mandates, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Federal, State, and local authorities. Perform related work.

Minimum Qual Requirements
   1. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization, and three years of satisfactory full-time
experience as an investigator evaluating credit worthiness, searching for assets, verifying information concerning education, experience, and other personal qualifications bearing upon character and fitness for employment; or performing investigations involving the research, compilation and/or location of evidence or information in order to build a case or uncover activities of a criminal, corrupt, unlawful or unethical nature; or

2. An associate degree from an accredited college or university or 60 semester credits from an accredited college and two years of satisfactory full time experience as described in 1 above; or

3. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; or

4. A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to 1, 2, or 3 above.

To Apply
   Click the Apply Now button.

Work Location
   9 Metrotech Center
Brooklyn, NY

Residency Requirement
   New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.

POSTING DATE:       POST UNTIL:
   02/02/2013    02/16/2013

anything