time to bring back the "fear city campaign"
which was used by the pba in the mid 70s

Nycfire.net

Re: NYPD.
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2020, 09:12:55 AM »

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2020, 10:25:38 PM »
PRAYERS FOR OUR BROTHER IN BLUE SHOT IN ATTACK IN THE 41 PCT......Reports he is not likely ....conscious & alert....perp shot in areas around the ballistic shield in the van door.... www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-bronx-police-officer-shot-20200209-6nn2hmy5vjdlrnviu6nbvfhzi4-story.html

Uniformed police officer sitting in NYPD van shot in the Bronx
By Rocco Parascandola and Thomas Tracy
New York Daily News |
Feb 08, 2020
A police officer was shot in the Bronx on Saturday night, authorities said. The incident happened around 8:30 p.m. near E. 163rd St. and Baretto St., just west of the Bruckner Expressway in Longwood.
A police officer was shot in the Bronx on Saturday night, authorities said. The incident happened around 8:30 p.m. near E. 163rd St. and Baretto St., just west of the Bruckner Expressway in Longwood. (Colter Hettich/New York Daily News)

A uniformed police officer sitting in a marked police van was shot in the Bronx on Saturday night, authorities said.

The incident happened around 8:30 p.m. at 906 Simpson St., near E. 163rd St. and Baretto St., just west of the Bruckner Expressway in Longwood.

A man walked up to a marked police van and asked one of the officers inside a question, said a police source.

Then the man pulled out a gun and fired, the source said.

The wounded officer was rushed to Lincoln Hospital, where he was reported conscious and alert, the sources said. A second officer in the van was not hurt.

Police were reportedly seeking a black male suspect who was wearing a black jacket.

Several blocks around the shooting scene were cordoned off as police investigated.

Offline fdny747

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2020, 10:53:50 PM »
I blame Mayor Moron for this

Offline memory master

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2020, 08:15:32 AM »
Oh gee, NYC is a sanctuary city so that means one can do anything and everything with impunity I guess. What is it going to take to remove the handcuffs from the NYPD and let them start cleaning up this city? I wish I knew (legally that is ::)

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2020, 08:23:23 AM »
Oh gee, NYC is a sanctuary city so that means one can do anything and everything with impunity I guess. What is it going to take to remove the handcuffs from the NYPD and let them start cleaning up this city? I wish I knew (legally that is ::)

I'm on the "outside looking in", but I AGREE with the above.

We have catered to the "Criminals Rights" more than the "Victims Rights".

Police officers in NOT only NYC but other cities as well have become the targets of haters. Many of those "Haters" should have been removed from cities streets a long time ago because of their past criminal history. But we as a society have allowed them to go free often paying for their attorneys to defend them.

As many of us know, police officers have not only been the targets of bullets but other objects as well.

I certainly have the HIGHEST Respect for our police officers out there doing their job TRYING to PROTECT ALL OF US. But it seems that "We" and the Police are the LOOSERS here. While the Criminals are well protected and the Victims lay in a hospital recovering, if they are lucky to survive.

What would we ALL do without our police ? They are facing an endless, thankless battle. I THANK EVERY ONE OF THEM FOR THE JOB THEY TRY TO DO. And Bless the families who must deal with their LOVE ONEs out there trying protect every one of us in this vicious, violent world we live in today.

Offline memory master

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2020, 10:44:56 AM »

I'm on the "outside looking in", but I AGREE with the above.

We have catered to the "Criminals Rights" more than the "Victims Rights".

Police officers in NOT only NYC but other cities as well have become the targets of haters. Many of those "Haters" should have been removed from cities streets a long time ago because of their past criminal history. But we as a society have allowed them to go free often paying for their attorneys to defend them.

As many of us know, police officers have not only been the targets of bullets but other objects as well.

I certainly have the HIGHEST Respect for our police officers out there doing their job TRYING to PROTECT ALL OF US. But it seems that "We" and the Police are the LOOSERS here. While the Criminals are well protected and the Victims lay in a hospital recovering, if they are lucky to survive.

What would we ALL do without our police ? They are facing an endless, thankless battle. I THANK EVERY ONE OF THEM FOR THE JOB THEY TRY TO DO. And Bless the families who must deal with their LOVE ONEs out there trying protect every one of us in this vicious, violent world we live in today.
You hit the nail on the head Willy. Very well put.

anything