Author Topic: ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.  (Read 380458 times)

Offline mikeindabronx

Re: ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.
« Reply #570 on: March 31, 2016, 11:52:18 PM »
Rest In Peace

Nycfire.net

« Reply #570 on: March 31, 2016, 11:52:18 PM »

Offline 1261Truckie

« Reply #571 on: April 02, 2016, 10:34:42 AM »
Rest in Peace F/F Pagani, thoughts and prayers for your family and the troops on Union Ave

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #572 on: April 07, 2016, 04:43:37 PM »
RET LT BILL PESEK LAD*165.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES...
Wake..
Saturday 4/9 and Sunday 4/10
2-4 and 7-9 pm

William E. Law Funeral Home
1 Jerusalem Avenue
Massapequa, NY 11758
(516) 541-8070

Funeral

Monday 4/11
10:45 am
Our Lady of Lourdes Church
855 Carmans Road
Massapequa, NY
(516) 541-3270

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #573 on: April 08, 2016, 06:34:10 PM »
RET FDNY FF EDWARD BEACH....Received from Ed Beach's daughter,

> It is with deep regret that I write this email to you. Ed passed away
yesterday afternoon. His wishes were to be cremated without a
viewing/wake. The arrangements have been made for this Saturday at the
crematory.
>
> As you know it's been a difficult time for both Ed and mom's health.
Mom's started immunotherapy treatment, but has experienced some bumps
along the road. Once mom is stronger we plan to have a celebration of
Ed's life and will communicate the information once planned.
>
> He enjoyed his time in the FDNY where he made so many great friends
and was dedicated to the job. Especially his Safety Bn team.
>
> Best regards
> Emily Ed's daughter
REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES & FOR ED's WIFE ALSO BATTLING CANCER.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #574 on: April 12, 2016, 07:08:32 PM »
RET FDNY CPT PAUL KESTER ENG*291...Father of Ed also FDNY.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.... Arrangements.. ...... www.mccourtandtrudden.org/book-of-memories/2472227/Kester-Paul/service-details.php

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #575 on: April 16, 2016, 03:40:03 AM »
RET FDNY FF / WW2 VET  EDWIN "ED" CALLAN.....Ed was a USN WW2 Vet in both the Atlantic & Pacific Theaters.....After joining the FDNY in 1952 Ed worked in ENG*11 then on the Lower East Side ....when it was disbanded in 1959 the Unit formed the then short lived ENG*91-2 (not the later Fire War Years version) then when 91-2 was disbanded shortly after he went to ENG*294 where he worked until that was also disbanded (the first time) then he went to ENG*285 until he Retired in 1976 & ultimately moved to Fla...... Ed while in 91-2 worked in the same FH in Harlem on E 111 St for awhile in the late '50s that my Father in LAD*43 worked in ....after Ed transferred to the Queens Firehouse in my neighborhood i as a teenager & aspiring FF in 1961 used to go by there very often & hang out & talk to the FFs ...i found out that Ed had worked in Harlem before & that he knew my Father.... Ed was one of the friendliest guy's in that Firehouse & even several years later after i myself was on the FDNY i still saw Ed around the neighborhood from time to time....after he Retired & moved away i lost track until about a year & a half ago when a friend involved w/a Retirees group in Fla sent me some literature from them & one of the comments was from an Ed Callan ....i contacted my friend & asked him to find out if it was the same Ed from Engine 294 & it was...my friend gave Ed my e mail & we started corresponding & exchanging some old remembrances & i always forwarded Ed anything i received relative to the USN & of big Fires occurring in Woodhaven or Richmond Hill & we always exchanged many Patriotic things....last year in one of our back & forth messages Ed mentioned his Birthday was in April which was the same as mine....i guess i did not notice the lack of anything from him recently but today i sent him something & i was curious what exact date was his Birthday & it was "returned to sender" by the server then i realized i had not received anything from him for awhile....not sure how else to investigate i googled his name in Fla & sadly came up with this Obituary. from January ....REST IN PEACE TO A GREAT FF & A GREAT AMERICAN...THANK YOU FOR THE WW2 USN MILITARY SERVICE PERFORMED....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.....GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN....   http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bradenton/obituary.aspx?pid=177491908
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:44:06 AM by 68jk09 »

Offline fdce54

« Reply #576 on: April 16, 2016, 09:56:18 AM »
May Mr. Callan rest in peace and thank you for your service.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #577 on: April 16, 2016, 05:35:05 PM »
RET FDNY FF / WW2 VET  EDWIN "ED" CALLAN.....Ed was a USN WW2 Vet in both the Atlantic & Pacific Theaters.....After joining the FDNY in 1952 Ed worked in ENG*11 then on the Lower East Side ....when it was disbanded in 1959 the Unit formed the then short lived ENG*91-2 (not the later Fire War Years version) then when 91-2 was disbanded shortly after he went to ENG*294 where he worked until that was also disbanded (the first time) then he went to ENG*285 until he Retired in 1976 & ultimately moved to Fla...... Ed while in 91-2 worked in the same FH in Harlem on E 111 St for awhile in the late '50s that my Father in LAD*43 worked in ....after Ed transferred to the Queens Firehouse in my neighborhood i as a teenager & aspiring FF in 1961 used to go by there very often & hang out & talk to the FFs ...i found out that Ed had worked in Harlem before & that he knew my Father.... Ed was one of the friendliest guy's in that Firehouse & even several years later after i myself was on the FDNY i still saw Ed around the neighborhood from time to time....after he Retired & moved away i lost track until about a year & a half ago when a friend involved w/a Retirees group in Fla sent me some literature from them & one of the comments was from an Ed Callan ....i contacted my friend & asked him to find out if it was the same Ed from Engine 294 & it was...my friend gave Ed my e mail & we started corresponding & exchanging some old remembrances & i always forwarded Ed anything i received relative to the USN & of big Fires occurring in Woodhaven or Richmond Hill & we always exchanged many Patriotic things....last year in one of our back & forth messages Ed mentioned his Birthday was in April which was the same as mine....i guess i did not notice the lack of anything from him recently but today i sent him something & i was curious what exact date was his Birthday & it was "returned to sender" by the server then i realized i had not received anything from him for awhile....not sure how else to investigate i googled his name in Fla & sadly came up with this Obituary. from January ....REST IN PEACE TO A GREAT FF & A GREAT AMERICAN...THANK YOU FOR THE WW2 USN MILITARY SERVICE PERFORMED....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.....GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN....   http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bradenton/obituary.aspx?pid=177491908

Chief JK, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I'm sure he went to many of the same fires that your father went to.

FF Callan was a Role Model, a Great American and an FDNY War Years Firefighter. 

Offline 69 METS

« Reply #578 on: April 17, 2016, 10:36:28 PM »
Thanks for posting this Chief, I didn't realize that Ed had passed away. I'm very sorry to hear it.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #579 on: April 17, 2016, 11:45:46 PM »
69 thanks for getting me back in touch w/him.

Offline L-103(ret)

• L-103, 1965-1981...E315, 1981-1985
« Reply #580 on: April 23, 2016, 05:54:43 PM »
'from another site'...It is with great sorrow, POSA announces the passing of FF Jimmy Moehring L103, Gravesite Services Monday April 25th, at 1 PM at the Maple Grove Cemetery, 83-15 Kew Gardens Rd.. All wishing to attend please meet at 12:30PM at the administration building. God bless Jimmy, may he rest in peace-

if it wasn't for the heat and smoke this would be a great job

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #581 on: April 23, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »
 My condolences on your loss L-103(ret). And to the family and friends of FF Jimmy Moehring.

Offline L-103(ret)

• L-103, 1965-1981...E315, 1981-1985
« Reply #582 on: April 23, 2016, 08:50:04 PM »
Ya never knew Jimmy was there till ya turned around an needed help....
if it wasn't for the heat and smoke this would be a great job

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #583 on: April 24, 2016, 04:16:18 PM »
REST IN PEACE BROTHER MOEHRING...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 05:52:16 PM by 68jk09 »

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #584 on: April 24, 2016, 05:50:57 PM »
RET FDNY BC DENNIS MARTIN BN*56....REST IN PEACE BROTHER...PRAYERS FOR THE  COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES..Wake Monday 6-8, Tuesday 2-4 & 7-9, McGowan Funeral Home, Garnerville. Funeral is Wed 10 a.m Mass at St. Gregory's in Garnerville, NY.

anything