Author Topic: Tin house south bronx  (Read 7744 times)

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: Tin house south bronx
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »
I bought that patch many years ago from a place called; "The Finest and The Bravest" in the Bronx. That store was located on Eastchester Ave, and later moved to Kingsbridge Ave. I'm sure many on here still remember that store. I still have that E85/L59 patch along with many other company patches that I bought.

But that was the place where I picked it up at. A lady by the name of "Roz" was the owner of the business.

Nycfire.net

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »

Offline memory master

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »
Around 1984 wasn't that store under an el somewhere in the Bx? Can't seem to think of the street name.

Offline Bxboro

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 08:24:29 PM »
Willy.......I seem to remember "The Finest & Bravest" (in 1981) being located on Kingsbridge Ave. 236/237 Sts. (1st fl of a 6 brick)The cross streets could be wrong but i am sure that i am in the neighborhood. It closed and then was reopened on Eastchester Rd.  Roz and her son Kevin were always accomodating to the Buffs. I also remember after leaving the Kingsbridge address, we almost always took in a fine meal at Ehrings which was located on the southeast corner of 231 st and Godwin Terrace. I miss those Chops and smashed potatoes !!!!!

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 09:47:35 PM »
Yes, my friend Bxboro is right. That store was right across the street from a Micky Ds and opposite the 52 Pct House. ESU 4 ran out of there also.
Memory, the street the EL was over was Broadway. I think it's the Number 4 line ?
I think though the store was first on Eastchester, then Roz moved to Kingsbridge.

Offline scamall dubh

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »
Store was also on E Tremont Ave near Waterbury Ave before they went out of business.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 09:19:38 AM »
Store was also on E Tremont Ave near Waterbury Ave before they went out of business.

Yes, I remember that also. Alot of years have passed by since then. "Bxboro" was just a young kid.

The Tin House, The Finest and The Bravest, The War Years, The South Bronx and Bushwick, The Blackout. For anybody who was a buff, it certainly was a great time to be around. Myself, "Bxboro", and "Johnd248", all know each other and live in the same general area. There's a few others around too that have been there. But to most people, they have no clue of what went on then.

I guess when you really think about it, there really is some advantages to being old like our good friend, "mikeindabronx".

Offline FDNY150

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 01:10:20 PM »
There's a store on Tremont and St. Raymonds called Paul's. There's another one on Kingsbridge by the 50 PCT. I forget the name of it.
Step up or Shut up!!!