Author Topic: PRAYERS NEEDED FOR MIKE YAK.  (Read 471 times)

Offline 68jk09

PRAYERS NEEDED FOR MIKE YAK.
« on: June 19, 2019, 02:44:11 PM »
Long time FDNY Dispather Mike Yackanicz now RET has been battling cancer which is now reported to be in the terminal stage...his family asks for Prayers....I had worked with Mike during the short time i was on the Fire Patrol between the USMC & getting OTJ back in '68...we remained friends thru the years.......here is message from FADBA

Uniformed
Fire Alarm Dispatchers
Benevolent Association, Inc.
I.A.F.F. Local 4959

Faye Smyth
President

Many of you have been inquiring about the welfare of Retired member Michael Yackanicz.
For several months, his fire family at E289/L138 had noticed that he had not come to the firehouse to visit.
Mike had not answered the phone for many of our members who tried to reach out.
Contact was finally made with his family.
Mike is at home resting comfortably after his last round of chemotherapy. We have been informed his illness is terminal.
If anyone wishes to visit Yak, please contact his daughter Angel at 917-572-5123

Please keep Mike and his family in your prayers.

Fraternally,
Faye Smyth

Nycfire.net

PRAYERS NEEDED FOR MIKE YAK.
« on: June 19, 2019, 02:44:11 PM »

Online CVILLE 7111

Re: PRAYERS NEEDED FOR MIKE YAK.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 09:51:40 PM »
I remember lively discussion between Yak and my Dad (FDNY Capt. TL117 ret) about whose runs and work were better among truck companies in the 14th Division.  Prayers for the Yak!

Offline fdny747

Re: PRAYERS NEEDED FOR MIKE YAK.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 06:53:53 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about this. I worked with Mike when I worked for Dispatch what a great guy. Prayers for him and his family.

anything