Author Topic: Mixer-Off Messages  (Read 2054 times)

Online FDNY793727

Mixer-Off Messages
« on: October 05, 2013, 02:33:44 AM »
Just a quick question here everyone. It's not actually about the FDNY, it's about posting on this website. I was wondering if it would be allowed to post a mixer-off message on a topic? I'm close enough to most of the jobs in the city that I can hear the mixer-off messages. So should I post them or just keep them private information?

Nycfire.net

Mixer-Off Messages
« on: October 05, 2013, 02:33:44 AM »

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: Mixer-Off Messages
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 06:01:38 AM »
Just my opinion, I wouldn't worry too much about posting those mixer off messages. Most of us are happy to be able to hear the calls and get the rundowns on the jobs.

I can't speak for everybody on here, but I've been a buff for a long time and very seldom do I find it necessary to listen to the mixer off messages.

I'm just glad to be able to hear the FDNY on my computer at home and that I can still pick them up on my anolog portable scanner.

But thanks for the offer anyway. Just give us a few rundowns and I think most of us would be happy. And best wishes on your interest in becoming a member of the FDNY in the future.

Online FDNY793727

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 01:02:04 PM »
Thanks nfd2004. Ill just keep them for myself then unless I think it's important. And I'm really looking forward to joining the department. I just missed the last test so I can't wait for the next exam. Thanks again.

Offline FD347

• FDNewYork.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 01:29:52 PM »
If you want to get your feet wet and make some connections, the dispatcher test just opened for filing: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/noes/201404076000.pdf
Frank Raffa
Ret. Supv. Dispatcher, FDNY
www.FDNewYork.com
BCO - RIP
2/22/1923 - 6/3/2008

Online FDNY793727

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 09:39:58 PM »
Yea that seems like it would be fun but I just started college so I couldn't get involved with that. For now I just try to talk with my father and guys I know on the job and listen to the scanner and just learn what I can. Needless to say this website is a big help haha.