Author Topic: News of Members  (Read 186342 times)

Offline fdce54

Re: News of Members
« Reply #1080 on: March 18, 2019, 04:58:25 PM »
Belated Happy Anniversary to you and your bride, Mike!

Nycfire.net

« Reply #1080 on: March 18, 2019, 04:58:25 PM »

Offline JOR176

« Reply #1081 on: March 18, 2019, 09:12:55 PM »
Happy Anniversary Mike and many more to you and the Bride.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #1082 on: March 18, 2019, 10:01:06 PM »
Best Wishes for many more.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1083 on: March 19, 2019, 09:09:59 AM »
 Today, March 19th, we celebrate the ## Birthday of Retired FDNY Firefighter and site member, Dan P, aka "JohnnyGage".

Without telling you his age, as most of you know, I first met Dan when he was the chaffer of Ladder Co 5 and he pulled the rig in a great spot for me, so that I could get "That PERFECT Rig Shot".

That was about 20 years ago and he had "already" spent 3 years as a firefighter in Washington, D.C. Then he got the FDNY job and put more years in at Ladder 31, Ladder 112, then Ladder 5, then back to Ladder 31 again. Now of course Dan is retired.

So my friends, when you add all those years up, I guess we can consider him as one of Our Senior Members. Joining so many of us, who in most cases, would be considered, simply put, "Some Old Men".

Dan, aka "JohnnyGage", is a Great Guy and he is still into the job like so many others here.

Well Dan, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many, many more. GREAT to have you here among us.

Here's a Special Birthday tune by Johnny May that I hope you enjoy. :)

Offline CFDMarshal

« Reply #1084 on: March 19, 2019, 09:39:44 AM »
Happy Birthday Dan!

Offline JohnnyGage

« Reply #1085 on: March 19, 2019, 10:13:23 AM »
Today, March 19th, we celebrate the ## Birthday of Retired FDNY Firefighter and site member, Dan P, aka "JohnnyGage".

Without telling you his age, as most of you know, I first met Dan when he was the chaffer of Ladder Co 5 and he pulled the rig in a great spot for me, so that I could get "That PERFECT Rig Shot".

That was about 20 years ago and he had "already" spent 3 years as a firefighter in Washington, D.C. Then he got the FDNY job and put more years in at Ladder 31, Ladder 112, then Ladder 5, then back to Ladder 31 again. Now of course Dan is retired.

So my friends, when you add all those years up, I guess we can consider him as one of Our Senior Members. Joining so many of us, who in most cases, would be considered, simply put, "Some Old Men".

Dan, aka "JohnnyGage", is a Great Guy and he is still into the job like so many others here.

Well Dan, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many, many more. GREAT to have you here among us.

Here's a Special Birthday tune by Johnny May that I hope you enjoy. :)

Thanks Willy, that IS THE BEST RENDITION of Happy Birthday I have ever heard! Thank you again for your kind thoughts. I'm hitting the 62 mark, has a nice ring to it! Going to join some family members for a nice lunch on Arthur Ave and coffee/pastry around the corner on 187 St. Then cracking open a fresh batch of Johnny Walker Double Black, neat.

Let me say, being a part of this network has made me feel young again. It's fun to share thoughts with those who have the same interest and experiences. You did a great job of putting this site together, and I'm glad to be a small part of it. Joining this site I have met/spoken with new acquaintenances and very much enjoyed previous lunch gatherings. This network is the "all and everything of the FDNY".

As I said, would love to have joined you, Jack and Warren tomorrow night but I'm told some family members have "plans for me". So I'll sign off with what a wiseman told me when I said as a lad; "Ol' Wiseman, someday when I GROW UP, I want to be a FIREFIGHTER". Wiseman stopped looked at me and said "Sorry sonny, you can't have it both ways, it's either one or the other".
Best, thanks to all for your kind wishes.
Dan "JohnnyGage"

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:18:17 AM by JohnnyGage »

Offline fdce54

« Reply #1086 on: March 19, 2019, 10:57:26 AM »
Happy Birthday Dan! Enjoy that feast on Arthur Ave and then have a real good time with Mr. Walker.

Offline memory master

« Reply #1087 on: March 19, 2019, 12:54:28 PM »
Happy Birthday (Kid) and many more. Thought sure you'd celebrate at "Jack In The Box" on Suffolk Avenue & Brentwood Road. Congratulations Dan and stay safe my friend.
Charlie T.

Offline 1261Truckie

« Reply #1088 on: March 19, 2019, 01:17:30 PM »
Happy birthday, Dan. Best wishes for many more

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1089 on: March 19, 2019, 01:38:17 PM »
Wow - happy birthday Dan.  Don't accept an offer from Willy D to celebrate at some nice place or he will be taking you out for a Happy Meal - and you will pay.

Offline Signal73

• See You At The Big 1
« Reply #1090 on: March 19, 2019, 01:48:48 PM »
Coming in a little late to the party

MikeDaBronx.  Happy Anniversary here’s to many more

Johnnygage “Dan” Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day
Remember to take it coming in

Offline fdce54

« Reply #1091 on: March 19, 2019, 02:33:26 PM »
Wow - happy birthday Dan.  Don't accept an offer from Willy D to celebrate at some nice place or he will be taking you out for a Happy Meal - and you will pay.
And Willy will do all the eating.

Offline raybrag

« Reply #1092 on: March 19, 2019, 03:10:38 PM »
Happy Birthday, Dan.  And take Joe & Frank at their word . . . they are 100% right.  8) ::) 8)
Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #1093 on: March 19, 2019, 03:20:42 PM »
Best Wishes for a Happy & Healthy Birthday & Many More. 

Offline johnd248

• Aux. Lieut. at E. 248 1964-73
« Reply #1094 on: March 19, 2019, 04:01:16 PM »
Happy Birthday, Dan and whoever called you Kid is correct. At 62, you are one of the younger boys on this site.  Willy D doesn't look a day over 80.

anything