Author Topic: News of Members  (Read 107306 times)

Offline auxlteng225

Re: News of Members
« Reply #600 on: March 17, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »
A bit late but I wanted to be sure that I was still here. Back ion October 30/16 I had a heart attack. My 85 plus year old plumbing became badly clogged. Any how four stents later, the last two on December first 2016 and I am up and running. Not sure why but the good Lord is keeping me around for reasons unknown to me. My congratulations to the Bendick clan on the up coming newest addition; to the soon to be newly wed this June. That is my 86 year birthday. month. Sure a lot of water under the bridge so to speak. God bless you all.

Nycfire.net

« Reply #600 on: March 17, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »

Offline raybrag

« Reply #601 on: March 17, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »
Sure a lot of water under the bridge so to speak.

Didn't you mean a lot of water through the hose (pun intended)?  I'm not that far behind you (9 years).   ::)
Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline nfd2004

« Reply #602 on: March 17, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »
"auxlteng225", Walter, we are very glad to hear that you are doing okay now. We haven't forgotten about you and we were hoping that "you" didn't forget about us. If I remember correctly, you have quite a story to tell about those 86 years.
  A Retired Police Officer from upstate NY
  A member of the U.S. Navy for Four Years
  A Merchant Marine bringing supplies into our troops who were fighting in the Viet Nam War. A pretty dangerous place to be.
  An Auxiliary Member of the FDNYs Eng 225.
  I think a Volunteer Firefighter as well

Don't feel too bad about being kind of old on here. Yes Walter, you may be the senior man here, but you have plenty of company when it comes to senior citizens here. Not only our friend "raybrag", but a lot more.

I know a lot of these senior members and I know a lot of their stories. Like you, they too have some pretty impressive stories to tell. 

As I see it, there's a lot of senior guys here that have paved the way for the people of America. Whether it was in the military, doing their jobs, or raising a family. So many have benefited today because of the work and effort that these senior citizens have done for us.

Offline auxlteng225

« Reply #603 on: March 17, 2017, 09:24:44 PM »
nfd2004 et al: thanks for the kind words and come backs. Regarding the volley duty. Yes, that too with the Spring Valley NY FD from 1968 to present although now inactive living up here in the mountains. I finished up as Chief 1987 - 1989 with combined EM and fire calls of 1042 87-88 & 1053 88-89. Those were our war years. Had two years as battalion chief and two years as deputy chief prior to the chief and was still working with the Haverstraw PD as a Sergeant as the same time. Kind of kept me busy By the way, a little advice to the new fellow now buffing L3. Just remember that what happens there and is said there stays there.

Offline nfd2004

« Reply #604 on: April 19, 2017, 11:25:47 AM »
 The book titled: "Perfect Strangers: Friendship, Strength, and Recovery After Boston's Worst Day" by Roseann Sdoia, has been released. It is the story of how an innocent bystander lost her leg due to a terrorist who set off a home made bomb and a Boston Firefighter who saved her life. Now a wedding is planned for October.

That Boston Firefighter who saved Roseann's life is the son of site member "mack", aka Joe M. The author of this sites most viewed thread called: "FDNY and NYC Firehouses" in the History Section. Currently weighing in at well "OVER A HALF MILLION" Views.

Offline nfd2004

« Reply #605 on: May 05, 2017, 07:27:58 PM »
 We have a Very Special Announcement to make. But first you are asked to click on this youtube link below.

Dearly Beloved and friends of Nycfire.net.

We are gathered here as we have recently learned of the upcoming wedding later this month (May 28th) of our good friend "CFDMarshall", aka "The Reverend", aka Elwood E., from the far away place called Tennessee. The Reverend will marry a very lucky lady he once knew from way back in his good ole' college days. That goes back, well actually, quite a long time ago.

Elwood is known to many of us on this site and has made a few visits all the way up here to the NYC area to say hello to many of his friends. The only problem when that happens is sometimes between his Tennessee accent and a few Brooklyn accents, "nobody really knows what anybody is really talking about". But we all still just have a great time together anyway.

Actually Elwood, we really just wish you and the Mrs many, many, Happy and Healthy Years together on your upcoming wedding. BEST WISHES MY FRIEND.

Uncle Wilfred
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 08:04:05 PM by nfd2004 »

Offline manhattan

« Reply #606 on: May 05, 2017, 11:43:49 PM »
God Bless, Elwood!  Many years of happiness, good health and deep love for you and your bride-to-be!

Online mikeindabronx

« Reply #607 on: May 06, 2017, 05:23:28 AM »
Elwood, Best wishes to you and the Mrs.

Offline memory master

« Reply #608 on: May 06, 2017, 07:18:42 AM »
A toast to the newly weds!

Offline 1261Truckie

« Reply #609 on: May 06, 2017, 08:01:56 AM »
Congratulations, Elwood. All my best to you and your wife. Many blessings to you both.

Offline raybrag

« Reply #610 on: May 06, 2017, 08:18:16 AM »
Congratulations, Elwood.  May you have as many happy years as my wife Kay and i have had (we'll celebrate our 50th anniversary in September).
Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline johnd248

• Aux. Lieut. at E. 248 1964-73
« Reply #611 on: May 06, 2017, 11:01:13 AM »
Congrats, Elwood.  Many years of happiness ahead of you.

Offline fdce54

« Reply #612 on: May 06, 2017, 11:24:43 AM »
Gentlemen, Elwood is not married yet. We may just kidnap him, intoxicate him and put him on a plane headed to Bango Bango or Timbuktu or some other God forsaken place before the 28th. We just won't send him on United Airlines.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #613 on: May 06, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
Best of luck...i will toast you in person in October.

Offline CFDMarshal

« Reply #614 on: May 07, 2017, 03:40:23 PM »
Thank you so much for the well wishes ! I am not too sure the young lady knows what she is getting herself into! She does however support my love of the fire service.

anything