Author Topic: News of Members  (Read 109897 times)

Offline nfd2004

Re: News of Members
« Reply #690 on: September 16, 2017, 09:03:55 PM »
 We have a few very Special Announcements that have occurred recently.

FIRST - ONCE AGAIN, Congratulations to FDNY Retired Captain John B., aka "jbendick", and his wife Madeline on the birth of their "FIFTEENTH" Grandchild. Yes folks - that is Number 15. A healthy baby girl born on September 9th, named - Emily.

So a Very Special Congratulations to Grandpa and Grandma "jbendick'. How many other Grandpa's and Grandma's do you know with 15 grandchildren.

Of course that also must mean that the administrator of this site, Lt Tommy B, also becomes "UNCLE" Tommy B for about the Thirteenth (13th) time.

But wait, there's more news:

On September 14th, 1968, Grandpa "jbendick" began the FDNY Probie School together with FDNY Probie Jack K., aka "68jk09", now Retired B/C. Then on that same September 14th, back 14 years ago, then FDNY Probie Tommy B, aka "tbendick", began his FDNY career now known as, Lt Tommy B.

There's more to add to the story. But that part of it will be continued another day. So we'll see ya all later - K.   

Nycfire.net

« Reply #690 on: September 16, 2017, 09:03:55 PM »

Offline manhattan

« Reply #691 on: September 16, 2017, 09:17:14 PM »
Great news; congratulations all around!

Offline mikeindabronx

« Reply #692 on: September 17, 2017, 10:33:49 AM »
Congratulations to all, thanks Bill for the info.

Offline fdce54

« Reply #693 on: September 17, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »
Yes, congratulations to all in the Bendick family.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #694 on: September 17, 2017, 03:21:03 PM »
Congratulations to the Bendick Family...Health & Happiness  .......49 years ago John Sr. , myself & 248 other probys were sweating out our first week of the six week proby School on Welfare Island ......i would turn the clock back in a minute if i could.

Offline jmag228

« Reply #695 on: September 17, 2017, 06:25:10 PM »
Congratulations and best wishes to all.

Offline nfd2004

« Reply #696 on: October 09, 2017, 04:46:47 PM »
 A few very special events coming up involving some of our members of this site.

1) As I understand it, FDNY Retired Capt John B., aka "jbendick", is about to become a grandfather for the "SIXTEENTH" Time - sometime in December. I don't know of anybody else who can claim that fame.

2) Regarding the above, that would also mean that FDNY Lt Tommy B., aka "tbendick", would become an uncle for the "FOURTEENTH" Time.

3) Our Most Valuable Player, Mike D., aka "mikeindabronx", is about to reach his 20,000 post soon. He is now less than 200 away from that historic number.

4) The most viewed thread on this site, "FDNY and NYC Firehouses", originally started by and continually updated by Member Joe M., aka "mack", is right now about 100 views away from reaching the historic number of 700,000 views.

I personally know each one of these individuals. They all are what I consider to be; "Top Shelf Guys". 

Offline nfd2004

« Reply #697 on: October 20, 2017, 09:23:29 AM »
 Saturday, October 21, 2017 will be a very special day for this site member "mack", aka Joe M. On that day, his son Mike, a Boston Firefighter, will be getting married to the woman he met on a very tragic day at the Boston Marathon, I think about three years ago.

But as a result of that very tragic event, Mike will be marrying the woman, Roseann S., that he kept alive while being transported to the hospital in a police van. The wedding will be taking place in Massachusetts.

We wish the couple, Mike and Roseann, many happy and healthy years together. Brought together by that very tragic event.

And of course congratulations goes out to our friend "mack" as well, who just happens to claim fame to this sites MOST VIEWED THREAD - "NYC Firehouses...." (I think over 700,000 views now). 

Here is a brief story done by one of the news channels, as both Mike and Roseann, climbed the stairs to the top floor of the Empire State Building for a disability charity.

anything