Author Topic: $4.2M High Rise Simulator  (Read 2191 times)

FAF

$4.2M High Rise Simulator
« on: March 19, 2009, 10:29:25 AM »
$4.2M Simulator on Randalls Island Trains FDNY for High-Rise Fires

Nycfire.net

$4.2M High Rise Simulator
« on: March 19, 2009, 10:29:25 AM »

Offline FDNYE54

Re: $4.2M High Rise Simulator
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 04:27:31 PM »
Something good and something bad came out of this the good well i dont have to say that but the bad you just shut down how many engine companys and you then you spend $4.2 million on this (even though i dont fight high rise fires yet) i rather send in more companys and have them go to work and close down less companys than close down company and then have less companys go in with this training

Offline anesti

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 04:36:49 PM »
Something good and something bad came out of this the good well i dont have to say that but the bad you just shut down how many engine companys and you then you spend $4.2 million on this (even though i dont fight high rise fires yet) i rather send in more companys and have them go to work and close down less companys than close down company and then have less companys go in with this training

i thought is money was from a donation and not the city's bill

ja488

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 04:40:06 PM »
The leary Foundation picked up most of it, they city may have had to pay alittle, but this was well under construction before the econic crisis started. It's not like the project broke ground last month. 

According to the article, it is also the nations only highrise simulator.

Offline catry

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 04:42:46 PM »
The simulator has been in the works since the disastrous Deutche Bank fire, today was just the official opening.

The city, Homeland Security, and FDNY Foundation all handled part of the bill but most of it was covered by the Leary Foundation.

anything