Author Topic: My younger Buff years  (Read 314733 times)

Offline 68jk09

Re: My younger Buff years
« Reply #1650 on: March 16, 2017, 04:47:18 AM »
Not sure about the hose bridge for the Trolley's but the Satellites in the FDNY do carry a hose bridge for use if needed.....more so for apparatus moving nearby rather than general vehicular traffic flowing thru . 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 05:13:03 AM by 68jk09 »

Nycfire.net

« Reply #1650 on: March 16, 2017, 04:47:18 AM »

Offline raybrag

« Reply #1651 on: March 16, 2017, 09:34:30 AM »
Something like these, Jack? (leaving out the railroad tracks)

Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline ThomasBurke17

« Reply #1652 on: March 16, 2017, 02:53:51 PM »
These days are my early buffing days, as I'm 15 right now and plan on joining the FDNY, and from reading the earlier posts it looks like things have changed since. In my spare time, I drew a picture of ladder 3 because they're my local fire house and decided to bring it to them one day as a gift. I rode my bike over and found that they were on a run so I waited a few minutes until they returned. As they were walking into the station I approached one of the guys and gave the picture to him. He thanked me and invited me to the station where they gave me a ladder 3 shirt, but I had to go someplace else so I left afterward. A week later I went back and asked to take a picture of the drawing in their station. It was freezing cold that day so my phone was already dead because of the cold, but I anticipated that so I brought a charger and stayed a bit. The guys there were super nice and gave me some water and cookies and I stayed for like an hour just talking with the guys until they had to go pick up drycleaning or something. I've gone back a few times now and hung out with this one firefighter who's super nice and always invites me in and to come back. The guys over at ladder 3 have only made me want to be a firefighter even more due to their hospitality and great attitudes.