Author Topic: Cell Site/ANI-ALI Response  (Read 1322 times)

Offline UnitWithTheUrgent

Cell Site/ANI-ALI Response
« on: May 29, 2018, 04:16:13 PM »
Recently heard in several instances where the engine asked if they are the only unit responding on a structural box and the dispatcher would say "10-4 it's a call site/ANI-ALI location - engine only response". Is this a new policy?

Nycfire.net

Cell Site/ANI-ALI Response
« on: May 29, 2018, 04:16:13 PM »

Offline FDNY Response Videos

• Previously “Battalion10buff”
    • FDNY Response Videos
Re: Cell Site/ANI-ALI Response
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 05:02:20 PM »
Here’s a quick read about ANI-ALI. http://www.fdnewyork.com/terms.asp Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that this is the location given when a caller reports a fire but doesn’t provide an adress, as a result the Dispatcher sends the unit(s) to where the call came from, aka the ANI-ALI Adress or Cell-Site Location. Every time I’ve heard these boxes given over the air they have been 10-92’s
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:06:37 PM by Battalion10Buff »
Find my videos at--> YouTube.com/FDNYResponseVideos

Offline UnitWithTheUrgent

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 05:31:46 PM »
But wasn't the response to this a standard 3&2-structural response until recently? it seems as if some of the field units are still unaware of the "engine only" policy.

Offline FDNY Response Videos

• Previously “Battalion10buff”
    • FDNY Response Videos
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 05:37:08 PM »
I believe you are right that it used to be 3&2. About one minute ago: “Engine 80 to manhattan, you have a single engine responding to a structural fire? MD - It’s reported to be a cell-site location”
Find my videos at--> YouTube.com/FDNYResponseVideos

Offline JA290

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 07:34:47 PM »
Prior to UCT, the fire department never responded to a cell site location. 
Policy came down several years ago that if it was a cell site, to only send a single engine.  However, the way UCT would process the alarms, they would never put on the description line "Cell site location" and 3&2 would get sent. 

Now that the Fire Alarm Dispatchers are processing the alarms again, if a cell site location is determined, 1 engine will get sent.
ANI-ALI normally goes to a land line, and will get 3&2