Author Topic: Jet Blue airline and retired FDNY members  (Read 2410 times)

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Jet Blue airline and retired FDNY members
« on: October 24, 2014, 09:55:35 AM »
 The next time you fly Jet Blue Airlines, you could be served by a retired FDNY member, now working as an Airline Steward. One in every ten stewardess for the Jet Blue airlines is a retired New York City Firefighter, as reported by CBS Good Morning America today (10/24).  They interviewed a retired member who retired one year after 9/11, spending his career in Engine 312 and after spending time searching for his lost Brothers from the WTC.

Last time I flew Jet Blue there was an airline steward who just kind of fit the role of a retired FDNY firefighter. He was even singing to the passengers on the plane. Everybody loved it. It was the best flight I had ever been on. I thought to myself, "this guy should have been a fireman". "He has what it takes". Well he probably was on the job.

Next time I fly Jet Blue and I get a guy stewardess, "I'm gonna ask him, "Hey, did you ever see me in the streets of the South Bronx or Harlem" ?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:08:23 AM by nfd2004 »

Nycfire.net

Jet Blue airline and retired FDNY members
« on: October 24, 2014, 09:55:35 AM »

Offline kfd274

Re: Jet Blue airline and retired FDNY members
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 08:38:17 PM »
Bill

Good job for you.  Drive down for your flight, stop at Mickey D's on the way.  On your way home take in a job or two. ;) ;)

kfd274

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: Jet Blue airline and retired FDNY members
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 09:57:57 PM »
Bill

Good job for you.  Drive down for your flight, stop at Mickey D's on the way.  On your way home take in a job or two. ;) ;)

kfd274

Kevin, I'll sure have to give that some thought. But I can't sing and I sure would have trouble trying to demonstrate putting on those floatation devices. I'm too fat for that. 

But apparently Jet Blue is very happy with their 10 % flight attendants being retired FDNY Members. And it seems that the passengers are happy with that too.

anything