Author Topic: FDNY & Pierce?  (Read 6782 times)

JuniorBuff88

FDNY & Pierce?
« on: August 05, 2007, 10:43:41 PM »
Ok I have to admit I live in Yonkers and I love ALF but i am not a fan of Pierce but I like the new FDNY R1. But my main question is are they going to get Pierce engines and ladders also?

Nycfire.net

FDNY & Pierce?
« on: August 05, 2007, 10:43:41 PM »

Offline tbendick

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • Nycfire.net
Re: FDNY & Pierce?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 12:37:14 PM »
Pierce did not bid on the last order of FDNY Engines.  They did not want anything to do with it, at this time.
I am not sure if they bid on any ladders but as of now Seagrave still has all the contracts for Engines and Ladders..

JuniorBuff88

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 10:38:23 AM »
well I know for sure Pierce has the bid for the rescues

Offline tbendick

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • Nycfire.net
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 08:09:08 AM »
Pierce had no problem dealing with the Rescues, there are only 5 of them.

Engines and Ladders are another story they get beat up alot more and Pierce has been staying away.

Offline IzzyEng4

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 08:59:34 AM »
Just a question, do you think that Pierce did not bid on the engine contract due to the number of units being ordered?

Offline tbendick

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • Nycfire.net
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 12:15:31 PM »
I am sure the number had something to do with it.  They would have to increase staff and possibly effect other departments that the deal with.

Offline RPM3311

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 03:11:59 PM »
Ok I have to admit I live in Yonkers and I love ALF but i am not a fan of Pierce but I like the new FDNY R1. But my main question is are they going to get Pierce engines and ladders also?

NO FDNY just wanted a smaller rig for the streets well thats wat a R1 firefighter told me

Hey KID u would not know..The streets aint a fact here and this post is old

they got the pierce for a few reasons, they're old rig just like the other 4 rescues was falling apart, and pierce has a suspension system called Tak-4 suspension which will help this rig not fall apart, Rescue 1 is also the busiest Rescue in the city (i dont mean they get the most jobs out of all 5 rescues but they are on the streets more than the other 4 rescues) so they know that if this rig works for Rescue 1 it will work for all of them, Rescue 1 got the first HME/ Saulsbury rig and they alos got the first E-One rig,  so I predict that in a year or so all 5 rescues will be Pierce Arrows
When in Doubt Get the F*CK Out

Offline FDNY220122

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »
For some reason i heard a rumor that Seagrave will get the other for Rescue because its in the shops alot.

Offline guitarman314

• Photobucket
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »
You're hearing voices and they're giving you false information.