Author Topic: 1970 BRONX MOVIE TRAILER.  (Read 2888 times)

Offline 68jk09

1970 BRONX MOVIE TRAILER.
« on: June 03, 2015, 10:30:49 PM »
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/rubblekings/

Nycfire.net

1970 BRONX MOVIE TRAILER.
« on: June 03, 2015, 10:30:49 PM »

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: 1970 BRONX MOVIE TRAILER.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:45:11 AM »
 Thanks Chief, I haven't been to the movies in a long time. But I'll be there for this one.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: 1970 BRONX MOVIE TRAILER.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:50:59 PM »
 I tried to find this movie playing here in suburbia Connecticut, but apparently that kind of thing is not allowed around here. So the next thing I did was try to find it on Youtube and I was successful with that.

The movie is about the gangs of New York City, specifically to the Bronx. In the first half it shows how they terrorized areas and often claimed their own territory. No other gang member was allowed to be there or they would face the street gang penalty. It also showed what a young youth must go through in order to become a member, and the street protection they were offered. If not, a young individual on the block had no protection.

As the movie proceeds, it shows what it was like in those 1970s. It is narrated by former gang leaders who now, much older, tell their stories of how it was. There are videos of what it looked like then too.

They also explain how at some point things had to change. They were killing each other. They tell how music and their ladies helped that change happen.

It's a history lesson from the past. At the end, the people who told their stories show where they are now and what they do. For many, they actually turned out to be good people and maybe even role models. One was a counselor, one a radio announcer, one even was involved in law enforcement.  But seeing this, for a period of time there, I wonder how ANYBODY survived.