Author Topic: Audio  (Read 9254 times)

Offline JOR176

Re: Audio
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 08:47:02 PM »
Thank you Tom and it was great meeting you at the Get-Together.

Nycfire.net

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 08:47:02 PM »

Offline tbendick

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • Nycfire.net
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »
Some photos of a new audio setup. This will handle feeds while we renovate the current setup.

APC power strip
Cisco switch
Monitor for administration

3 HP computers, all exactly the same. This way parts and troubleshooting is simpler.

5 radios linked to one PC

Another 5 radios linked to a second PC

Radios are attached to audio filters and the feed USB sound cards in a hub

Offline nfd2004

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2016, 11:45:03 AM »
Some photos of a new audio setup. This will handle feeds while we renovate the current setup.

APC power strip
Cisco switch
Monitor for administration

3 HP computers, all exactly the same. This way parts and troubleshooting is simpler.

5 radios linked to one PC

Another 5 radios linked to a second PC

Radios are attached to audio filters and the feed USB sound cards in a hub

Lt Bendick, THANK YOU for ALL you do for ALL OF US. I must be honest about this. "I really have NO IDEA of what a cisco switch cord is, or 3 HPs with 1 PC, or even that USB Sound Card thing your talking about".

But I SURE DO KNOW THIS. I sure appreciate what you have started and continued to maintain for SO MANY OF US. For me it started with this web site. I was able to read and write about my hobby that I did for maybe 50 years or so. It was all about the FDNY.

Then I got to talk to many other great guys who were into this thing the same way I was. We were all on the same page. But by far, one of the highlights to this whole thing was when I got to meet your father. Yes, it was Retired FDNY Fire Captain John Bendick. We met at a restrauant not far from his house. I started to talk to him and I found out that he was a FDNY War Years Firefighter, who worked some of the BUSIEST FIRE COMPANIES of my days of buffing these areas. Since that time as you know, I have become very good friends with your entire family.

I also got to meet other GREAT GUYS as well, that you are aware of. ALL GREAT GUYS, some who are on the FDNY now like yourself, some GREAT guys who retired from the FDNY like your father, and some GREAT FRIENDS who are into this thing and buffs like myself.

When I moved to my home way back in 1975, I was NOT able to listen to the FDNY on my scanner. I was spoiled because prior to that the FDNY came in loud and clear in Bridgeport where I had lived. But moving to my new home in Eastern, Ct was just too far away. Despite buying a home that is about 300 feet above sea level and putting up a large outside antenna on the roof, I still could NOT pick up the FDNY. For the next several years, I just had to "write it off". Unless I made a trip to NYC to watch guys like your father work or visit my family in Bpt, listening to the FDNY was NOT possible.

Now, because of this huge expense that I'm sure you put out. Plus all the work involved, we all can hear the FDNY on our computers, cell phones etc. And it can be heard all over the world too. Our buddy "Irish" can confirm that.

You have NEVER asked any of us for a dime. But because of what you have done for so many of us here, "you have changed our lives forever and I'm very confident that I speak for many here".

Thanks Tom,
 Uncle Wilfred D

Offline memory master

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 04:42:58 AM »
I second that emotion. Thank you, thank you and thank you again for all that you do!

Offline firephish

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 08:37:56 AM »
Mr. Bendick,

As someone who has no other way of listening to FDNY, I sincerely appreciate you making the feeds available on Broadcastify for the world to hear.

Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving!

Offline svd385

• If you're not the lead dog the view never changes
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 09:12:07 AM »
I also sincerely appreciate you making the feeds available, being born and raised in Da Bronx I still have a soft spot for  the city.  Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving
I'm not sure if life's trying to pass me by or run me over

Offline UnitWithTheUrgent

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2016, 02:57:10 PM »
Thanks much appreciated!

Offline STAjo

• Former NY State EMT, NYC Security, Buff
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2016, 05:45:08 PM »

Tom, Sir, Thank You. Thank You for 'All This',  All You Do Here, and Your Service.

God Bless You & Your Wonderful Family This Holiday Season.  [ & Thanks, for putting up w/me & my constant Msg.s]  ;D

anything