Author Topic: War Years Audio  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Ladder63

War Years Audio
« on: January 07, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »
The nycfire.net site has a page with three war years audios.  When I go there and click on to them nothing happens.  I am doing something wrong?  Are the three war years audios still available?  Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Nycfire.net

War Years Audio
« on: January 07, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »

Offline memory master

Re: War Years Audio
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 03:16:20 PM »
Try this...go to "multimedia" section, then down to audio. Click on that and a page will pop up. Go down to the 6th entry "War Years Audio" give it a click and see what happens. I just tried it. It's there. Good luck.

Offline Ladder63

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 10:11:03 PM »
Memory  Master:

Pardon my "dumbness", but where is the "multimedia" section?  Thanks for responding.  L 63

Offline memory master

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 06:19:40 AM »
Go to the home page. Scroll Down to almost the bottom. You will see 'Multimedia' highlighted in gray. Scroll down in that section to 'Audio Clips.' Click on that and when the new page pops up scroll down to 'War Years Audio' and click away. Hope that helps.

Offline mack

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 09:52:43 AM »
Google or search on-line for

"youtube fdny war years audio"

It will result with all the FDNY "war years" audios from 60s and 70s.   They are very worthwhile spending some time listening to.  Each audio represents different times and boros - usually a series of incidents occurring simultaneously or back-to-back on a busy night.  You can pick up terms, apparatus and procedures from that era and won't hear "send me a ticket" or "FAST truck".  You will hear:  Superpumper; interchange; the old squads; many companies, units and chiefs that have been disbanded; dispatchers giving directions to SI companies responding in the Bronx; dispatchers looking for any available truck or chief in Brooklyn or the Bronx for a working fires; 10-30 signals and transmit the box; SI brush fires; and countless requests for a tower ladder.  Most were made on random days or nights, nothing would be covered by the media - it was the way it was.

Thank you R1 SmokeEater for posting.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:54:36 AM by mack »