Author Topic: Veterans Day Ceremony  (Read 5463 times)

Offline JohnnyGage

Re: Veterans Day Ceremony
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 06:00:06 PM »
Thank you, American Heroes, thank you my Son...Army Strong Iraq War Vet

Nycfire.net

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 06:00:06 PM »

Offline FDNY793727

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 06:19:16 AM »
This article is about Rick Rescorla being awarded the Presidential Citizen’s Medal. He was the Senior Vice President for Corporate Security at Morgan Stanley in the World Trade Center on September 11th and helped saved thousands of lives. He was also a veteran, serving in the British SAS, North Rhodesian police, and then the US Army, where he earned a Silver Star in the Ia Drang campaign made famous in the book “We Were Soldiers Once...And Young”. The article is written by Jim Morris, a Green Beret who served three tours in Vietnam and was friend of Rescorla’s.

https://connectingvets.radio.com/articles/opinion/rescorla-presidential-citizens-medal

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 12:34:17 AM »
In regard to reply # 14 above....  I  along with other attendees of one of our nycfire.net get togethers a few years ago had the Honor of meeting & having dinner with Veteran Ken Kelly who I believe was 92 yrs of age back then when Willy D. brought Ken down.... an amazing Man to sit down with......glad Ken is still celebrating well deserved Veterans Days. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 12:37:55 AM by 68jk09 »

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 08:04:18 AM »
In regard to reply # 14 above....  I  along with other attendees of one of our nycfire.net get togethers a few years ago had the Honor of meeting & having dinner with Veteran Ken Kelly who I believe was 92 yrs of age back then when Willy D. brought Ken down.... an amazing Man to sit down with......glad Ken is still celebrating well deserved Veterans Days.

Chief, I hope to see Ken Kelly soon and I will pass this onto him.

anything