Author Topic: IF YOU CAN FIGURE THIS ONE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW  (Read 1395 times)

Offline manhattan

IF YOU CAN FIGURE THIS ONE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW
« on: March 18, 2017, 02:27:46 AM »
If you can figure this one, please let me know.  There are so many aspects to it and I admit that they all seem to be well above my pay grade. 

Start with: a state law that’s apparently been disregarded for years with no response or enforcement from our governor or any of the Albany elite? 

No American flags in the classroom? 

Parents who never noticed or were too busy to question? 

Mixing and confusing political party support with national allegiance?  (Sorry to go to basics, but how stupid can one get??)

"It is important to talk through people's varying views on the law, and I think we have an opportunity to practice and model civil discourse in a time when there seems to be very little of it," Oh, please - sorry to be indelicate, but where’s my barf bag? 

What am I missing here?

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20170317/tribeca/pledge-of-allegiance-peck-slip-school#.WMvf5ik2hCc.email

Downtown School Starts Reciting Pledge of Allegiance, Sparking Tensions

Nycfire.net

IF YOU CAN FIGURE THIS ONE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW
« on: March 18, 2017, 02:27:46 AM »

Offline memory master

Re: IF YOU CAN FIGURE THIS ONE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 05:47:02 AM »
Don't get me started. If you do not know the pledge, learn it and understand it. If you do not want to recite the pledge or tell your children not to say it, get the hell out of our Country and go where you don't have to say it. If you don't like that GOD is mentioned within the pledge, that's too damn bad. There's another reason for you to leave this Country that treats you so badly. The pledge has nothing to do with any political party or figure. It has to do with how this Country came to be and how it has stood the test of time. God has given this Country many Blessings. The pledge was good enough for our fore fathers and is damn good enough for me, because like I said, this Country and GOD have been damn good to me. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Offline Bulldog

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »
Since there is already a law in place requiring this it seems very easy to get everybody to comply. Just cut off the state aid to any school or district that doesn't comply! I certainly agree with memory that if you don't like it you can always leave. It's part of American tradition and very eloquently describes however he pretty who lives in America should feel about America. Of course I can certainly understand liberals being opposed to it especially at this time in American politics. I just need to remember that it was written at a very different time when politics wasn't the issue it is today. Not sure when the New York State law was passed but I guess is it was passed quite a while ago, probably in the 50s or 60s and again the requirement was made when politics without such a major issue in nobody worried about being PC, they just wanted to show their love for the country they lived in.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 11:41:43 AM »
Very simple....LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT !

Offline nfd2004

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 12:50:53 PM »
 We once said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning in school before starting our classes. What was wrong with doing that ? Now I guess it's illegal to do something like that in a classroom.

We also started the day with a prayer. Now that's considered illegal too.

For the younger members here, it might be hard to understand this, but many of us did just that.

I remember public school children walking four blocks for religious classes once a week. There wasn't a second thought about it. They don't do that anymore either.

Sadly, it took our country to be attacked on 9/11/01 to bring out any kind of religion or respect for the flag and our country. But that ended and most Americans have forgotten about all of that.

I really don't watch too much TV these days. Just about every evening my wife and I would watch it for a few laughs in what we considered to be very funny entertainment. Those shows are all gone now and replaced by different entertainment.

Without getting into politics, a few weeks ago I turned on the TV to hear our newly elected President speak. His wife was about to introduce him. I couldn't believe what the first thing was that she said. It was the Lords Prayer. I was NOT ready for that at all. But I thought that was GREAT. The same words just like we used to start our day in the classroom.

Sometimes I tell guys in my generation (senior citizens), "I'm glad I'm an old man, it does have it's fringe benefits". I wouldn't want to be young person today trying to start out in our society as it is today. 

There are many videos and movies that have come out on this topic. Here is a song that was used in one video called "America, you're too young to die". I think the words tell it all.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 01:25:04 PM »
^^^^^ Well said Willy ^^^^^^

Offline Disp51

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 08:16:59 PM »
Just how bad has it gotten? -

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/13/students-apologize-usa-themed-patriotic-clothes-basketball-game

Now we're supposed to apologize as well.

Offline JOR176

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 10:46:08 PM »
Apologize my A??   they ought to apologize to the members of the Armed forces for keeping their A??es SAFE.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 10:56:26 PM »
Apologize my A..  they can his my A..

Offline CFDMarshal

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 07:53:12 PM »
Those you said they should apologize can kiss me where the Good Lord Split me! Has the use of Roundup killed all common sense in the midwest? Shake my damn head!