Author Topic: Tribute to Police, Fire, and EMS  (Read 1153 times)

Offline nfd2004

Tribute to Police, Fire, and EMS
« on: March 30, 2017, 08:21:50 PM »
 A couple of weeks ago, while looking for a Firefighter Tribute Video to post in a Newsletter I do, I came across a video called "Angels Among Us". It was posted by a woman named Linda Wells. Who I later found out that has quit a story to tell. After watching this video, I thanked her for posting such a video, and I told her I would use that video in the latest Newsletter I do.

She told me that she had a Great amount of respect for police officers, firefighters and EMT/Medics. Of course I agreed with her on that. But then she also told me that she was once a police officer in Washington, DC and she received a serious head injury that forced her off the job.

With that, she wanted to spread the word about the kind of work that these HERO's do. She started posting these videos. Videos honoring Police, Fire, and EMS from EVERY STATE in the Country. So far she has posted 26 (?) of them, with more to come.

Her interest seems to be posting photos with music. I hope you will subscribe to her videos. A few days ago she had only three subscribers. As I write this she has 15. She would also greatly appreciate any positive comments you might have to say about any of the videos. I think it would kind of make her day.

This was the First video that I watched. About firefighters, it's called: "Angels Among Us".

Here is another featuring Police of North Carolina:

Nycfire.net

Tribute to Police, Fire, and EMS
« on: March 30, 2017, 08:21:50 PM »

Offline nfd2004

Re: Tribute to Police, Fire, and EMS
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »
 This is Linda Wells latest video. She dedicates it to the firefighters of my home state - Connecticut.

I have also learned a little bit about her. She was in the Military serving in Desert Storm. She became a POW for 47 days. She was also one of the first women to be in combat and the first to fly a jet out of Shepherds Air Force Base in Texas.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:29:07 PM by nfd2004 »

Offline nfd2004

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 12:19:22 AM »
 To the members of the FDNY and FDNY/EMS, and the firefighters of the State of New York, from Linda Wells.

"New York FD Suspicious Minds" by Elvis Presley.

Offline nfd2004

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 08:18:50 PM »
 Recently I had mentioned to the woman who produces these videos that a few of us had traveled to Boston and Providence where we all were treated very well there by the members of those fire depts. I had also mentioned to her that we were also treated very well by a special group of individuals who call themselves "The Boston Sparks". That group mans two vehicles, providing food and refreshments to Boston firefighters and police officers, as well as 36 surrounding towns, whenever a serious incident takes place.

She wanted to do a video honoring Firefighters of Massachusetts. She also honored Boston Fire Lt Eddie Walsh and FF Mike Kennedy who were lost while operating at a wind driven fire in Boston a few years ago (3/26/2014).

She wanted to dedicate this video to the all the firefighters of Massachusetts and to the members who call themselves "The Boston Sparks", in appreciation for the work they do.

Offline mack

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 10:46:43 PM »
Thanks Willy D. 

FFs Mike Kennedy and Ed Walsh E 33/L 15 RIP.  Red work shirts are worn on Fridays to support our troops. Thanks to PDs and EMS - one team.  Thanks to Boston Sparks for tireless work they do.  Thanks to producer of video. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:48:54 PM by mack »