Author Topic: How to get FDNY transmissions?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline nimitro

How to get FDNY transmissions?
« on: September 18, 2017, 01:26:32 AM »
Does anyone knows where I can subscribe to get notifications when the FDNY transmits the alarms?  I have been paid subscription to Breaking News Network to get  notifications but it has not been reliable the last few months--sometimes the notification came as late as an hour, after the transmission of the alarm.  I also follow the tweets of FDNYalerts and NYCFireWire but they are not always reliable either.

Thank you for your help,
Nicholas

Nycfire.net

How to get FDNY transmissions?
« on: September 18, 2017, 01:26:32 AM »

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: How to get FDNY transmissions?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:43:48 AM »
Does anyone knows where I can subscribe to get notifications when the FDNY transmits the alarms?  I have been paid subscription to Breaking News Network to get  notifications but it has not been reliable the last few months--sometimes the notification came as late as an hour, after the transmission of the alarm.  I also follow the tweets of FDNYalerts and NYCFireWire but they are not always reliable either.

Thank you for your help,
Nicholas

Nick, "nimitro", sometimes I get notified of multiple alarms from one or two guys. Sometimes they even send me a picture (s) too.

I will also tell you that if FDNY does have a job (2nd or above), I don't always get the info from them either. So that may be the case as well.

It goes with the fact that "somebody" needs to put that info into it and that may be what is affecting this. Covering the entire FDNY 24/7 may not always be possible.

We have guys on this site who do a GREAT JOB of posting the FDNY jobs. In one recent case I had done the monthly "FDNY Fire Activity" and one guy contacted me saying that he had to add another two jobs (?) to it, because he wasn't able to do it that late at night.

Just a suggestion, maybe you can contact one of the guys on here and set something up with them ??? (Just a thought - a couple of Big Macs can go a long way - it worked for me - ha).

Actually, you may even become good friends with them - "We're All into the same thing here......".

Nick, one of the guys just got back to me. He say's "he uses TWITTER for Everything - It can be set up to text any tweet". I don't know too much about this "tweeting thing", but that is a response I just got back from a very good guy, who's into this too. In fact, I think I broke him in many years ago.

I hope this helps.

Willy

Offline BoroCall

• Former:NYCRelief,Recovery,Support & counties
Re: How to get FDNY transmissions?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 09:43:45 PM »
You can get FDNY Alerts sent to your SmartPhone (if you have one of course) as a text message, the following is how:

1) Log into your Tweeter account
2) Go to your settings
3) In the side pane, click on MOBILE - enter your mobile number, and any other info that is relevant.
4) Go to FDNY Alerts and Log-In.  Next to FOLLOW there are 3 little dots, click on the dots there will be a list go down to
TURN ON MOBILE NOTIFICATIONS.
5) Now take a look at your Smartphone "Messages" and if all is set correctly you will see Text's of the FDNY Alerts.

Hope this helps.

anything