Author Topic: Broadcastify FDNY  (Read 3752 times)

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: Broadcastify FDNY
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 08:36:47 AM »
 As the above comments suggest, the FDNY is monitored by guys all over the country. It's not like we can just turn our scanners on and pick it up. Believe me, I spent some extra cash and time putting up a special antenna, using the best of antenna wire, on the roof of my two story house that sits about 400 feet ABOVE sea level. At about 100 miles away, every once in awhile I would pick up the FDNY on a "skip". That was when they were operating on the 154 MHz band.
 When I did pick them up, I didn't get much sleep that night, purely of my own choice.

Over the past years with our computers and cell phones, we can now hear the FDNY no matter where we live. Something that I consider to be a very special gift to me.

When I first saw the amount of radios and computers stacked on a series of shelves at this providers property, stored in a separate building, equipped with a security alarm, I could NOT believe it. I'm sure the cost to provide this service for ALL of us throughout the country (and the world) is staggering. This is the same guy that also provides ALL of us with this web site. At NO COST TO ANY OF US FOR THIS SERVIVCE.

It takes money to run these things. Yet he has NEVER asked ANY of us for One Dime.

So how do you THANK a guy like this ? A guy that is a good father to his two kids and goes to work at a NYC firehouse (like others do), to not only support his family and pay the bills, BUT also to provide a whole group of people, many who are strangers that he doesn't even now, these two very expensive and time consuming projects, all on his own.

Some of us know him personally. The guy is WAY OVER my head when he talks about this computer and scanner stuff. But one day I asked him a simple question. I said to him; "for a guy like myself, who makes a few trips to NYC and wants to hear the FDNY, what's the best scanner for me to get" ? He showed me what he thought was the best, by pulling his cell phone out of his pocket.

I'm sure most of us here know who I'm talking about. But if he happens to be on vacation with his family and things happen to go sour for us, we should just hang tight and I'm sure as soon as he gets the chance, he'll do what he can for us. Believe me guys, I feel your pain as well.

Nycfire.net

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 08:36:47 AM »

Offline memory master

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 02:06:46 PM »
You are 1001% correct. Let him enjoy his vacation with his family. There are more important things to handle and waiting for a radio can wait. He deserves a hell of a lot from users of this site.