Author Topic: SITE HOME PAGE  (Read 1181 times)

Offline XPFD3

SITE HOME PAGE
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:47:20 AM »
Previously when I visited this website I entered at a home page that had photos.  After I logged in it also gave me the capability to view unread posts since my last visit.  The past few weeks I am automatically taken to the page with all of the various forums.  Is the old home page with the pictures gone forever?  Thanks in advance!     Matt

Nycfire.net

SITE HOME PAGE
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:47:20 AM »

Offline mack

Re: SITE HOME PAGE
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »
XPED - I am only a member here but am not sure what page you are looking for.  I don't think anything has been changed and you should be able to find what you are looking for.  The "Forums" page can take you most places and there is an option to select "recent posts' and the "search".  When you Google the site, you should arrive there.  I hope that helps, but I am not sure about a page with pictures. 

Offline turk132

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 01:31:01 PM »
Previously when I visited this website I entered at a home page that had photos.  After I logged in it also gave me the capability to view unread posts since my last visit.  The past few weeks I am automatically taken to the page with all of the various forums.  Is the old home page with the pictures gone forever?  Thanks in advance!     Matt

Same things has happened to me, not sure why

Offline raybrag

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 02:23:45 PM »
Yup, the main site seems to be gone.  I also get a 404-Not Found error when I click on any of the Live Audio links.  I'm betting there's some major site maintenance in progress.
Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline gjb114

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 09:48:10 PM »
I have also experienced for the past 3 weeks or so that when I click onto this site the homepage is bypassed and it goes right to the "forums" page. What's happening?

Offline nfd2004

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 08:17:07 AM »
 I too, get the same. The Home Page used to have some photos, I believe displayed from "First on Line". Random photos from jobs throughout the city as well as members of the FDNY.

However, as "mack" says, you can still go onto the current home page and click on "unread post" and "new replies to your post" at the top left corner. Also listed from left to right is: "Home", Live Audio", "Help", "Search", "Profile", "My Messages", "Calender", "Members", "Log out" as before. But the previous main page seems to be gone. Had some great photos with a link to other related photos.

If anybody has any problems with the Live Audio links, you can usually get that by going to www.radioreference.com , click on Live Audio at top of page and pick out the area you want to listen to. If you want to listen while still going on this site or other sites, you should be able to do that.

I think Lt Bendick (site owner) is the one that provides the FDNY radio link to Radio Reference as well. 

Offline STAjo

• Former NY State EMT, NYC Security, Buff
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »

I'm Not Getting Brooklyn via Radio Ref. I get Citywide & Scan; RR Site shows me Brooklyn is
up & running, but I get No Audio... ? Anyone Else ... ?  :-\

Offline UnitWithTheUrgent

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »

I'm Not Getting Brooklyn via Radio Ref. I get Citywide & Scan; RR Site shows me Brooklyn is

Same here. seems to be a volume issue.

Offline STAjo

• Former NY State EMT, NYC Security, Buff
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 10:43:45 PM »

Same here. seems to be a volume issue.

Thanks, Unit.

Offline baileyjeff

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 07:47:38 AM »
Same here!

Offline Bulldog

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 06:46:56 PM »
anybody heard anything about possibly getting the old "Home Page" back? I know we can work around it in still do it but it was so much easier and also had the section defined photos etc. that were recently posted.

anything