Author Topic: Charlottesville VA Protests 8/11-8/12  (Read 835 times)

Offline mack

Charlottesville VA Protests 8/11-8/12
« on: August 12, 2017, 08:17:18 AM »
Law enforcement, firefighters, EMS responders and the VA National Guard are facing large protest factions in Charlottesville this weekend.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/12/national-guard-on-standby-for-unite-right-rally-in-virginia.html

Nycfire.net

Charlottesville VA Protests 8/11-8/12
« on: August 12, 2017, 08:17:18 AM »

Offline nfd2004

Re: Charlottesville VA Protests 8/11-8/12
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 08:44:15 AM »
 I think our own site member Steve E., aka "fltpara16", may be involved in this. He is a B/C in one of the adjoining county fire depts.

I certainly hope there is no trouble. Let everybody do their thing and let's just hope everybody goes home when it's over.

Offline raybrag

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 10:54:58 AM »
The Virginia State Police have announced that their response to this situation is their largest deployment ever.
Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline raybrag

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 03:19:33 PM »
Virginia National Guard has been called out to Charlottesville.
Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline IRISH

• Fire-Ireland.com
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 05:49:17 PM »
Reports a Virginia State Police chopper has crashed near Charlottesville

Thoughts are with ALL the emergency crews working there and our friend Steve
www.fire-ireland.com for the Latest Firefighting News / Incidents from Ireland
or Follow Us On Twitter @FireIreland

Offline mack

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 06:00:23 PM »
Steve has been on-duty since Friday.  Already had a multiple alarm structure fire this morning.

Offline mack

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:22:08 PM by mack »

Offline mack

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 06:07:37 PM »
Audio:

Two fatalities reported on aircraft.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:19:22 PM by mack »

Offline fltpara16

Offline mack

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 11:01:46 PM »
Tough day, Steve.  Thoughts with you and your FFs.  RIP state troopers.  Prayers for their families.

Offline nfd2004

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 11:31:32 PM »
Steve I hope this is over for you and the rest of the guys. Along with the Va State Police, the local police, the National Guard, The doctors and nurses who had to put their skills to work and anybody who had to deal with this, regardless of who they are.

My condolences to the family and friends, as well as the Brother and Sister Police officers who now must prepare for the loss of two of their own.

My question is this. As a country where have we gone wrong. This kind of thing didn't happen overnight. It's been brewing for a number of years now.

We all depend on each other. Whether it's the guy stocking the shelves at the supermarket, fixing our cars, the doctors and nurses who care for the sick and injured, our military here and far, and the list goes on and on. It really has nothing to do with what they look like. It's all about how much we really depend on each other and sometimes don't really give it too much thought.

When a firefighter risk his life to save a human being, he/she doesn't ask what they look like when they go to do that. And that civilian really doesn't care what that firefighter looks like either, as long as they get them out.

My condolences goes out to the family of that civilian whose life was taken when a car drove through the crowd. And to the numerous civilians injured, I wish them a full recovery.

When we all sit down and think about it, NOTHING CAME OUT OF THIS. Except the loss of life to Two Va State Troopers, and one civilian. Plus the dozens of injures suffered that some may feel the effects of for the rest of their life.

I'll be happy when all these emergency workers, police, and National Guards members, etc., can all go home to their families. I wish we could say this was the last. Somehow, I just don't think so. We are fighting a War right here in our own country between each other.

Offline manhattan

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 11:36:49 PM »
Beautiful sentiments, Bill, and superbly stated.

Offline fltpara16

anything