Author Topic: FDNY fire company Org history pdf  (Read 538 times)

Offline Ex-Chief

FDNY fire company Org history pdf
« on: September 12, 2017, 07:57:24 AM »
in one of the topic groups, There was (is) a pdf listing every fire company in FDNY, showing it's organization date, location, re-designations, etc. Well, I had my computer worked on the other day and lost all of my bookmarks of which this pdf was one. Does anyone out there know where to find it again. I've used this pdf for years as a source of info and now I'm at a complete loss. Thanks in advance for any info on this pdf.

Nycfire.net

FDNY fire company Org history pdf
« on: September 12, 2017, 07:57:24 AM »

Offline nfd2004

Re: FDNY fire company Org history pdf
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:30:55 AM »
in one of the topic groups, There was (is) a pdf listing every fire company in FDNY, showing it's organization date, location, re-designations, etc. Well, I had my computer worked on the other day and lost all of my bookmarks of which this pdf was one. Does anyone out there know where to find it again. I've used this pdf for years as a source of info and now I'm at a complete loss. Thanks in advance for any info on this pdf.

Sir, I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but in the "HISTORY Section", there is a very popular thread called: "FDNY and NYC Firehouses". Maybe that is what you're referring to ??

Offline fdce54

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:39:34 AM »
Chief, I think you are referring to Don Van Holts's web page "The Unofficial Home Page of FDNY". You will find that pdf of "Every unit in the FDNY That Ever Was" on the first page. Just scroll down until you come to it.

Offline 811

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 08:40:40 AM »
This link may go to the list you are looking for
http://nyfd.com/cityhist.pdf

Offline Ex-Chief

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 10:16:01 AM »
Brothers, thank you so much. I found it. It was in the "Unofficial History......" web site. Again, thank you.
    Ed