Author Topic: Television from a different time  (Read 10541 times)

Offline JohnnyGage

Re: Television from a different time
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2019, 12:01:49 PM »
At 3:40 in the preceeding classic video,  Tim pulls out the actual first aid booklet that was used in Advanced/Standard First Aid training by the American Red Cross. I took the course when I was 14 years old (1971). When I was the Disaster Manager for ARC in Pennsylvania a copy of the manual was in our showcase.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 12:05:18 PM by JohnnyGage »

Nycfire.net

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2019, 12:01:49 PM »

Offline mack

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2019, 08:07:16 PM »
If you ask me, that fireman in the video looks an awful lot like Willie D.

I agree with Frank.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2019, 08:58:34 PM »
If you ask me, that fireman in the video looks an awful lot like Willie D.

I agree with Frank.

Yes, I must admit, there does seem to be some resemblance.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2019, 11:18:42 PM »
Reflecting on past tv, the original tv remote was called "a kid", you were ordered to get up off the comfy couch and change the channel after the adult in the room looked carefully through the curled pages of the TV Guide, there was no "flicking through the channels". When we received our very first color tv,  this was a BIG thing.  The tv came with two or three color control knobs that let you adjust the color configuration on the tube. As kids we were told early on  "hands off" the adjustable color control knobs no exceptions, only dad was to tune in the color. I recall baseball fields had this crazy un-godly lime greenish blur, other red colors almost blistered our eyes. But that was the setting,  we dare not touch. A few years later when I was a little older, having a conversation with my dad, he divulged to me that he was actually "color blind".

Also for those who have been following the thread "My Younger Buff Years" recently on page 117, reply # 1742, "JohnnyGage" last sentence contains the letters/numbers "KMG365 out".

That comes from TV from a different time, a show called "Emergency". The character of Captain Stanley acknowledges the run on the firehouse radio and says "Station 51 10-4, KMG365". The character named JohnnyGage is the rider.

Here is a quick scene from that TV Show as Capt Stanley acknowledges the run.

Cast of TV Show EMERGENCY - Then and Now in 2018

Offline fdhistorian

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2019, 06:19:59 PM »
Reflecting on past tv, the original tv remote was called "a kid", you were ordered to get up off the comfy couch and change the channel after the adult in the room looked carefully through the curled pages of the TV Guide, there was no "flicking through the channels". When we received our very first color tv,  this was a BIG thing.  The tv came with two or three color control knobs that let you adjust the color configuration on the tube. As kids we were told early on  "hands off" the adjustable color control knobs no exceptions, only dad was to tune in the color. I recall baseball fields had this crazy un-godly lime greenish blur, other red colors almost blistered our eyes. But that was the setting,  we dare not touch. A few years later when I was a little older, having a conversation with my dad, he divulged to me that he was actually "color blind".

Also for those who have been following the thread "My Younger Buff Years" recently on page 117, reply # 1742, "JohnnyGage" last sentence contains the letters/numbers "KMG365 out".

That comes from TV from a different time, a show called "Emergency". The character of Captain Stanley acknowledges the run on the firehouse radio and says "Station 51 10-4, KMG365". The character named JohnnyGage is the rider.

Here is a quick scene from that TV Show as Capt Stanley acknowledges the run.

Cast of TV Show EMERGENCY - Then and Now in 2018

10th Annual Silver City Fire Fest

Special Guest: Randolph Mantooth, Star of TV's Emergency!*

Randy will be hosting a fundraising autograph session in the Hotel's Main Ballroom.

Saturday July 20th, 2019 - 9:00am to 3:00pm
The Comfort Inn & Suites, 900 East Main St. Meriden, CT

anything