Author Topic: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section  (Read 126477 times)

Offline mack

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6002
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1050 on: April 07, 2019, 02:14:26 PM »
NY Fire Patrol 3 (later Fire Patrol 1) firehouse 240 W 30th Street


Daytonian in Manhattan
Thursday, September 20, 2012
The 1894 Fire Patrol #3 -- 240 West 30th Street

     
          photo by Alice Lum

     In 1839 the New York Board of Fire Underwriters was established as an outgrowth of the Mutual Assistance and Bag Corporation which had been formed 36 years earlier.  The insurance companies sought to prevent or at least reduce the loss of property caused by fires.   Claims by merchants for lost inventory were often due to water damage caused by the fire department as much as by the fire itself.

     When the Board of Fire Underwriters added actual fire fighting to its methods of preventing losses to insured property, the Fire Patrol was established.   The Fire Patrol was a private organization, distinct from the Fire Department.   The Patrol would rush to a fire working side-by-side with fire fighters, laying tarps to protect goods from water , removing goods when possible, and all the while fighting the flames.

     The Fire Patrolmen became recognizable by their bright red helmets.   In 1858, with still just two Fire Patrol Companies in New York, an order dictated “Resolved—That the men belonging to the Fire Patrol be required immediately at their own cost, to have their fire caps painted a bright red color, and have front pieces furnished with the words, ‘Insurance Patrol No. 1’ for the lower district, and ‘Insurance Patrol No. 2’ for the upper district, together with the initials of the wearer of the cap legibly painted thereon to be white, with black letters as above.”
The success of the Fire Patrol resulted in a third company being formed.  In 1894 a new fire patrol house at No. 240 West 30th Street in the crime-ridden Tenderloin district began rising.   When the Board of Underwriters hired the architectural firm of D’Oench & Simon to design the building, the choice was obvious.  Albert F. D’Oench served as an instructor in the first fire fighter training school when it opened in 1892, and was the Superintendent of Buildings. 
At the time a renewed interest in the Dutch heritage of New York resulted in the appearance of Flemish Revival buildings throughout the city, especially on the Upper West Side.   

     D’Oench & Simon turned to this style for the new Patrol Company No. 3.  Completed in September 1895 it rose four stories to an elaborate stepped gable and peaked roof covered in Spanish tile.    The ground floor was clad in Indiana limestone and the upper floors were a cream-colored brick.  Terra cotta ornamentation included window pediments that changed with each successive floor.

     

          The original stepped gable and Spanish-tiled roof.  - The New York Times September 11, 1895 (copyright expired)

     The new patrol house was opened with a large ceremony on the evening of September 10, 1895.  The Sun reported that “Hundreds of guests of the Fire Patrol Committee of the New York Board of Fire Underwriters viewed the building.”    It was a model of up-to-the-minute technology and conveniences.

     There were accommodations for twenty-six men on the second floor, “each of whom has a separate brass bedstead and a clothes closet,” reported The New York Times.  Here too was the private office of the captain.    Five sliding poles pierced the floor to enable the patrolmen to rapidly respond to the alarm.  One especially clever innovation was the short pole for the driver, located near his bed.  When the driver slid down this brass pole, it dropped him conveniently into the seat of the waiting wagon.

     The third floor included a billiard room and a sitting room for the patrolmen, as well as the superintendent’s office.  “Throughout the building great care has been taken to provide for the comfort and convenience of the men,” said The Times.  The top floor was designated for workshops and the supply room.  Racks for drying the tarps lined the ceiling. 

     

          Ornate medallions are emblazoned with F and P for Fire Patrol -- photo by Alice Lum

     Five horses and two patrol wagons—with improved apparatus for quickly reaching fires, said The New York Times--were housed on the first floor.  Behind the station was a two-story brick building with feed rooms and a hayloft.  “Here are two large box-stalls with a thick flooring of Irish peat, where the horses in turn are allowed a chance to recover from hard runs,” said The Times. 

     The Weekly Underwriter praised the design.  “It is a model of completeness for the purposes for which it was constructed and is equipped with every known device and improvement for comfort of the men and the uses of the business.”   Like the Times reporter, the writer was impressed with the conveniences.  “The floors of the office, toilet and bath rooms are made of marble and mosaic, the stalls have asphalted floors, each stall being separately drained; the entire building is piped for gas and electric light…the building is heated by steam.”   Even more impressive was the electric elevator in the rear of the building “for passengers or freight.”

     

          Before being thoughtlessly covered in white paint, the terra cotta and ornamental cast iron masonry supports would have been an attractive contrast to the light-colored brick -- photo by Alice Lum

     The 26 men of Fire Patrol No. 3 had an immense territory to cover—from river to river and from 14th Street to 57th Street.  But on the morning of June 18, 1901 the men did not have to travel far.   The tenement building at No. 441 West 31st Street was on fire.   Rather than evacuating the burning building immediately, one tenant, Mrs. O’Hagan, took the time to gather up her money and some valuables and then became trapped.   The New York Tribune reported that “She is a fat woman and was unable to get down the fire escape.  She stood at the window threatening to jump, two of her children, a boy and a girl, beside her.”

     Hook and Ladder Company No. 24 was fighting the blaze and Fire Patrol Company 3 was working alongside.   When Fire Patrolman Cunningham and Fire Lieutenant Kehoe found her, Mrs. O’Hagan was hanging out of the window.  Using a short ladder they reached the fire escape and passed the two children down.   But as their portly mother started down, there was a problem.  The ladder slipped loose from its fastenings.

     Fire Patrolman Cunningham caught the portly woman by her wrist and held her dangling three stories above the sidewalk until the lieutenant could get the ladder secured.  “Then she was brought down safely,” said the Tribune, “Her wrist was sprained.”

     Along with the 26 fire patrolmen, the captain and the superintendant, Willie was in residence at No. 240 West 30th Street.  Willie was a goat.  And on February 19, 1903 Willie noticed that the stable door was ajar and he decided to explore the city.   As the goat wandered to 6th Avenue a group of boys followed him, some throwing snowballs.   Willie, apparently not enjoying the sport, charged the group, knocking one boy down.  He moved on to fashionable 5th Avenue.

     “The real excitement began there,” reported The New York Tribune.  “The goat was not used to such bewilderment of vehicles, and he had difficulty in dodging them.  The horses were not used to seeing goats running loose in New York’s fashionable thoroughfare, and they pranced and danced, none caring to come in contact with Willie.”

     Carriages carrying wealthy residents were rocked and several pedestrians were knocked down by the rampaging goat.  “Soon the avenue was in a tumult,” said the newspaper.  A crowd of hansom cab drivers and boys with sticks and other weapons attempted to corral the goat.   Willie ran to the private entrance to the exclusive Waldorf-Astoria Hotel and the mayhem continued when porters tried to remove him and one was knocked down.

     Willie’s adventure came to an end when he simply returned to the stable.   “No one had been seriously injured,” comforted The Tribune.

     Prospective fire patrolmen were carefully screened.  Because they were constantly in contact with the valuable goods they were trusted to protect, a dishonest patrolmen was definitely not wanted.  However in 1909 the Board of Fire Underwriters took a chance on Joseph Carmichael.   The man had been in the Catholic Protectory and the House of Refuge “as an incorrigible,” said The Sun, and on June 3 he had been convicted of stealing $60 worth of jewelry and $30.50 in cash from Charles W. Gould.  But his sentence had been suspended and he was accepted as a fire patrolman.

Unfortunately, becoming a fire patrolman did not chance his habits.   Three days before Christmas that year Carmichael stayed back while the company rushed to a fire.   When the men returned, David H. Drought noticed his gold watch and chain was missing from his locker.   Carmichael confessed and was arrested, promising to return the watch.

     The arresting detective waited while Carmichael received the 14-pound turkey that the Board of Underwriters gave to every fire patrolman for Christmas.  They then proceeded to his mother’s house on Lexington Avenue.  Mrs. Carmichael received a Christmas turkey, Fire Patrolman Drought received his watch, and Carmichael received a jail sentence.

     Throughout the years Fire Patrol No. 3 continued to go beyond the mere protection of insured goods from water and fire.  On September 22, 1915 a massive explosion in the nearby 7th Avenue subway resulted in the collapse of the street for blocks.   Subway passengers were trapped beneath the rubble and dozens of motorists and pedestrians fell into the chasm including a passenger-filled trolley car.

     “Lieut. John Sanders, Sergeant John Butler and the six men of Fire Patrol No. 3 did heroic work in getting out injured and frightened persons,” reported The Sun.  “When they arrived they had no long ladders, so used ordinary scaling ladders and ropes.  They gave first attention to the trolley car, from which there were rising cries for help.”
In 1916 Irving Crump supplied an eye witness account of the dangers the Fire Patrol encountered.  “White coated men wearing red fire helmets were working about in the glare of the rays from the searchlight engine.  I learned later that they were the men of the Fire Patrol, and that they were busy saving property in the warehouse.

     “When I arrived, several of them were rolling huge blue barrels, that looked like oil containers, through one of the doorways of the building.  They seemed to be working madly, and firemen were helping them.  In and out of the building they hurried, plunging through smoke so dense that I wondered they could go through it and remain alive.  Now and then one staggered back, coughing and choking, only to master himself with an effort and plunge back into the smoke again.”

     When Crump asked what the patrolmen were doing, he was told that there were barrels of gasoline and motion picture film in the building which presented a potential disaster.   But even as the explanation was being given, the worst of the patrol’s fears became reality—the remaining gasoline barrels exploded.

     “Out through the doorways staggered the men of the Fire Patrol and the firemen who had been operating lines inside the building,” said Crump.  “Some of them seemed literally blown into the street by the force of the explosion.”
The same year Sergeant William S. Cashman was on the scene of a fire at No. 347 West 38th Street.  Fireman Harry J. Murphy of Engine Company No. 26 fell through the floor, landing unconscious in the cellar of the burning building.  Cashman rushed in, pulling the fireman to the safety of the street, saving his life.  A year later he was awarded the Fire Underwriters’ life saving medal.  The gold medal “goes only to those who have performed feats of signal bravery,” said The Sun.

     The unit was later renamed Fire Patrol #1 and at some point during the 20th century the handsome Flemish Revival gable and peaked roof were removed, to be replaced by a stepped parapet and flat roof.   The building was decommissioned in 2006.

     

          photo by Alice Lum

     Today the first two floors, where fire patrolmen slid down brass poles and horse-drawn wagons awaited the alarm, are home to a nightclub.   And although someone thought it would be a good idea to cover the brick, terra cotta and limestone with white paint, the building retains its handsome architectural integrity—even with the loss of the wonderful gable.


     http://daytoninmanhattan.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-1894-fire-patrol-3-240-west-30th.html


Nycfire.net

Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1050 on: April 07, 2019, 02:14:26 PM »

Offline mack

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6002
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1051 on: April 07, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »
NY Fire Patrol 3  Manhattan

     FP 3 organized at 115 W 29th St  1868
       - 115 W 29th St firehouse was former quarters of volunteer Madison Hose Co 37 and belonged to FDNY
     FP 3 moved to 104 W 30th St  - date unknown 
     FP 3 moved to 240 W 30th St  1895
     FP 3 redesignated FP 1 1955

     Note: FDNY Engine 1 operated from FP 3's quarters 1906-1907


FP 3's initial response district was 23rd St to 57th St.


Firehouse at 240 W 30th St:

     

     


FP 3 leaving 240 W 30th St firehouse:

     


Firehouse at 240 W 30th St today:

     


LODDS:

     Sergeant Michael McGee  Wooster Street Collapse February 14, 1958

         

     Patrolman Louis Brusati  Wooster Street Collapse February 14, 1958

         

     Patrolman James Devine  Wooster Street Collapse February 14, 1958   

         

     Patrolman Michael Tracey  Wooster Street Collapse February 14, 1958

         


         

     RIP.  Never forget.







« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:36:36 PM by mack »

Offline mack

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6002
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1052 on: April 07, 2019, 02:36:01 PM »

Offline mack

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6002
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1053 on: April 07, 2019, 02:52:47 PM »
NY Fire Patrol 2 firehouse 84 W 3rd Street, Manhattan

Daytonian in Manhattan
Friday, December 23, 2011
The 1906 Fire Patrol #2 -- 84 West Third Street

     

          photo by Alice Lum

     The New York Fire Patrol had firehouses, drove fire trucks, fought fires and its firefighters wore uniforms essentially indistinguishable from the FDNY. But it was not part of the New York City Fire Department.

     In 1803 a group of volunteers formed the Mutual Assistance and Bag Corporation, the purpose of which was to protect and salvage the contents of structures from fire and water damage. Thirty-six years later the New York Board of Fire Underwriters was established. The group added fire fighting to its methods of preventing losses to insured property. Funded by the insurance companies, the Fire Patrol was established.

     In 1905, the National Board of Fire Underwriters reported on the Salvage Corps, or Fire Patrol, listing six companies and 148 employees (including “patrolmen,” superintendents, janitors, a cover mender, a one storekeeper).  Each well-equipped wagon, according to the report, carried a 16-foot extension ladder, chemical extinguishers, hooks, axes, door-openers, brooms, shovels, buckets, ropes, “squilgees,” sprinkler heads and various tools. “Companies hitch on all alarms;” it said, “this has involved calling the men to the main floor as often as 19 times in a single night.”

     In its attempts to expand the number of patrol houses (there would eventually be ten at the Patrol’s height), the report was tepid in its assessment of the force. “The fire patrol is a fairly efficient force with a membership and equipment of moderate strength. The proposed additional company will strengthen the corps materially.”

     In 1906 Franklin Baylis began work on a new house for Fire Patrol #2 which was operating from 31 Great Jones Street in Greenwich Village. The old boarding house at No. 84 West 3rd Street was razed and in its place rose a handsome four-story structure with Beaux Arts splashes.

     Constructed of red brick, the architect made restrained use of limestone and terra cotta to embellish the façade. Stepped limestone over the openings of the street level rested on rusticated brick piers. Above the truck entrance a carved head of Mercury represented the speed of the responders inside.

     

          The Fire Patrol poses outside its new house, below the Third Street elevated train tracks.

Limestone quoins framed the windows and piers and above the cornice a terra cotta panel announced the construction date of 1906 above firemen’s trumpets. The fire patrol company moved into its new space in 1907.

     

          Terra cotta firemen's trumpets frame the construction date -- photo ny.curbed.com

     A tool used by the Patrols to minimize water damage were heavy tarpaulins measuring around 12 by 18 feet. Used both as "stock covers" (to protect goods from fire hose water) and roof covers, they were rapidly spread at the scene of fires. In the new Fire Patrol 2 long, numbered poles extended through the beams of the top floor for drying the canvas tarps.

     The public became aware of the value of the Patrol when the Police Headquarters caught fire on the evening of January 8, 1909. Engine Company 33 responded, wielding their fire axes. The Sun reported that “They ripped up boards, beams and everything else but the walls before they found the source of the fire.”

     The firefighters then “turned on a full flow of water from a 2-1/2 inch hose. Hundreds of gallons of water poured in and roared down into Mr. Bugher’s office.” Mr. Bugher was the Deputy Police Commissioner.

     Below Bugher’s office was the “telegraph room,” and dispatch room filled with telephone equipment. “It was then found that the water was putting the entire police telephone system out of business,” said The Sun. Fire Patrol 2 was “hurriedly sent for” and the heavy tarpaulins were stretched across the ceiling of the telegraph room to catch the water.

     The work of the fire patrolmen was of extreme value to the insurance companies; but it was highly dangerous work, sometimes resulting in fatal injuries. The New York Tribune reported on April 23, 1920 that the New York Board of Fire Underwriters had decided to increase the patrolmen’s pay. With the raise, patrolmen first grade would receive $1,900 a year; sergeants $2,100 and captains $3,200.

     Among the Fire Patrolmen responding on the tragic morning of September 11, 2001 was Keith M. Roma. Roma worked for over an hour evacuating World Trade Center employees. Witnesses estimate that he personally removed more than 200 individuals. He suddenly was missing.

     On Christmas Eve 2001 Keith Roma’s body, his helmet at his side, was discovered near the bodies of nine civilians he was trying to save. He was the first fire patrolman to die in the line of duty in more than three decades.

     The Fire Patrol 2 building by now had seen the effects of misplaced fire fighter love. The limestone sculpture of Mercury had been painted in flesh-colored paint with bright yellow hair. The limestone at street level was painted white and the entire building above was covered in shiny red enamel; the firefighters’ favorite hue.


Fire patrolmen painted the brick and stone and gave the limestone Mercury a makeover -- photo by Jim Henderson
Then in 2006 the Fire Patrol was disbanded. The last three Fire Patrol houses were abandoned and Fire Patrol 2 was offered for sale by the New York Board of Fire Underwriters. The Greenwich Village Historic Society panicked, quickly requesting the Landmarks Preservation Commission to landmark the structure.

     The Society need not have been alarmed.  Journalist Anderson Cooper purchased the 8,240 square foot building in 2010 for $4.3 million and began restoration. Cooper commissioned architect Cary Tamarkin to renovate the fire patrol house into a private residence.

     

          Workmen removed decades of paint and restored the masonry facade -- photo ny.curbed.com

     “We could not be happier with the gorgeous exterior renovation that highlights and respects the unique history of the building,” the Society said in its blog on September 1, 2011. Tamarkin restored the stone and terra cotta detailing, removed the layers of paint and replaced the windows. The architect promised to retain much of the interior details like the herringbone brick floor, brass fire poles and cast iron spiral staircase. Four bronze plaques dedicated to the patrolmen lost in the line of duty had been removed from the façade; but Cooper planned to reinstall them in their rightful places.


     
   
          The limestone Mercury, less colorful but more natural, has been restored -- photo by Alice Lum

     The handsome utilitarian building has come back to life, its outward appearance looking much as it did in 1906—without the overhead train down the middle of West Third Street.  It is a praiseworthy example of the reuse of vintage structures.





Offline mack

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6002
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1054 on: April 07, 2019, 03:03:19 PM »
NY Fire Patrol 2  Manhattan

     FP 2 organized firehouse Marion St vic bell tower  1855
     FP 2 moved to firehouse 153 Elm St  1866
     FP 2 moved to firehouse 173 Elm St (Lafayette St)
      former quarters volunteer Lady Washington Engine 40 1869
     FP 2 moved to 31 Great Jones St firehouse 1873
     FP 2 moved to 84 W 3rd St new firehouse  1907
     FP 2 disbanded 2006

FP 2 firehouse 173 Elm St  1869:

     

     Former quarters of vol Lady Washington Eng 40


FP 2 firehouse 31 Great Jones St 1873-1907:

     


FP 2 firehouse 31 Great Jones St 1873-1907:

     


FP 2 at 84 W 3rd St 1907:

     

     

          FP previously wore white rubber turnout coats w/ red helmets before switching to black turnout coats

     

     

     

     

     


     


     

     

     


     

   

     http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/celebrity-homes/anderson-coopers-home-historic-nyc-firehouse/


     31 Great Jones St former FP 2 firehouse currently used as restaurant:

         

          Was horse stable before FP 2 firehouse.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:38:46 PM by mack »

Offline mack

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6002
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1055 on: April 07, 2019, 03:10:36 PM »
NY Fire Patrol 2:

LODD:

     KEITH ROMA PATROLMAN FIRE PATROL 2 SEPTEMBER 11, 2001

         

         

          https://www.silive.com/september-11/2010/09/keith_roma_27_fire_patrolman_c.html

          https://www.firehero.org/fallen-firefighter/keith-m-roma/


     RIP. Never forget.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:31:49 PM by mack »

Offline fdhistorian

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 386
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1056 on: April 08, 2019, 01:10:36 PM »
Division 16 covered eastern Queens during the 'War Years' from quarters with Engine 274

Battalions assigned to Division 16

Battalion 52   1965 - 1975
Battalion 53   1965 - 1975
Battalion 54   1965 - 1975
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 01:14:48 PM by fdhistorian »

Offline fdhistorian

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 386
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1057 on: April 23, 2019, 10:06:38 PM »
Division 17 covered the Bedford-Stuyvesant and Bushwick neighborhoods of Brooklyn during the 'War Years' from quarters with Engine 252.
It was a split of mostly Division 15, and three of its battalions were created to assist with the workload of Battalion 34 and 37.

Battalions assigned to Division 17

Battalion 28   1969 - 1975  renumbering of Battalion 37-2, which itself was a split of Battalion 37 in 1968
Battalion 37   1969 - 1975
Battalion 38   1969 - 1975
Battalion 57   1969 - 1975  split of Battalion 34, which itself was disbanded in 1989*
Battalion 60   1970 - 1975  split of Battalion 37, which was split twice - in 1968 and again in 1970

*original Battalion (34) was disbanded, but newer Battalion (57) remains in service

Offline mack

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6002
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1058 on: April 25, 2019, 02:55:15 PM »

Division 16 covered eastern Queens during the 'War Years' from quarters with Engine 274

Battalions assigned to Division 16

Battalion 52   1965 - 1975
Battalion 53   1965 - 1975
Battalion 54   1965 - 1975

Division 17 covered the Bedford-Stuyvesant and Bushwick neighborhoods of Brooklyn during the 'War Years' from quarters with Engine 252.
It was a split of mostly Division 15, and three of its battalions were created to assist with the workload of Battalion 34 and 37.

Battalions assigned to Division 17

Battalion 28   1969 - 1975  renumbering of Battalion 37-2, which itself was a split of Battalion 37 in 1968
Battalion 37   1969 - 1975
Battalion 38   1969 - 1975
Battalion 57   1969 - 1975  split of Battalion 34, which itself was disbanded in 1989*
Battalion 60   1970 - 1975  split of Battalion 37, which was split twice - in 1968 and again in 1970

*original Battalion (34) was disbanded, but newer Battalion (57) remains in service

FDNY Divisions and Battalions - 1971:

     
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:01:14 PM by mack »

Offline t123ken

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 118
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1059 on: April 25, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »
Is there a Unit Location Chart available or perhaps already posted somewhere that corresponds with the 1971 map of the sixteen divisions?

Offline mack

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6002
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1060 on: April 25, 2019, 09:46:42 PM »
Is there a Unit Location Chart available or perhaps already posted somewhere that corresponds with the 1971 map of the sixteen divisions?

1973 Unit Location Chart

     


Note - Bn 55 and Bn 56 in Bronx and Bn 59 were assigned administrative boundaries by 1973.  Battalion 60 had no administrative boundary and rotated to different Brooklyn battalions and operated as a 2nd section during tour.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:15:20 PM by mack »

Offline mack

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6002
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1061 on: April 25, 2019, 10:02:05 PM »
1971 R&W to correspond to 1971 division/battalion location chart:

     

Offline 68jk09

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10949
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1062 on: April 25, 2019, 10:36:16 PM »
^^^^Take me back ! ....a great time.

Offline mack

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6002
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1063 on: April 25, 2019, 11:42:45 PM »
Engine 216/Ladder 108 - 1960s/1970s:

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

Offline 68jk09

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10949
  • Gender: Male
Re: FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section
« Reply #1064 on: April 26, 2019, 12:41:51 AM »
^^^^^^ Thank the Lord that even a few of us in those pictures above still can walk His Earth....Continued Rest In Peace To The Rest.
 

 

anything