Author Topic: Time Square Ball Drop  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Signal73

• See You At The Big 1
Time Square Ball Drop
« on: December 31, 2017, 02:55:09 PM »
Any extra staffing tonight?

Reserved rigs staged around the area?

Couple years ago i know Sq252 & Sq61 staged in Manhattan

Rescue 6 on the Manhattan frequency @17:37

Ladder 152 on the Manhattan frequency en route to Ladder 13 to pick up their 2nd Piece @18:28

Ladder 175 on the Manhattan frequency en route to Ladder 2 to pick up their 2nd Piece @18:35

Engine 227 on the Manhattan frequency en route to the New Years Eve Event @18:36

Engine 305, Engine 259, Ladder 140 & Battalion 28 relocating @18:45

Engine 82 & Ladder 42 on the Manhattan frequency @18:55

Engine 301 on the Manhattan frequency responding to TS as a Decon Engine @19:15

Engine 325 to Manhattan we are in the borough @19:20

Relocations:
Engine 325 Act. Engine 54
Engine 259 Act. Engine 8
Engine 305 Act. Engine 21
Ladder 140 Act. Ladder 4
Ladder 146 Act. Ladder 7
Battalion 28 Act. Battalion 4
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:48:07 PM by Signal73 »
Remember to take it coming in

Nycfire.net

Time Square Ball Drop
« on: December 31, 2017, 02:55:09 PM »

Offline jks19714

Re: Time Square Ball Drop
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 05:40:56 PM »
From what this Nypost article describes

https://nypost.com/2017/12/30/new-years-eve-in-times-square-sounds-like-urine-soaked-hell/

FDNY may need to run a decon operation.  Yuk.

Offline BoroCall

• Former:NYCRelief,Recovery,Support & counties
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 06:34:56 PM »
From what this Nypost article describes

https://nypost.com/2017/12/30/new-years-eve-in-times-square-sounds-like-urine-soaked-hell/

FDNY may need to run a decon operation.  Yuk.

I hear there has been a run a diapers!!!LOL :)

Offline BoroCall

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 06:39:07 PM »
Any extra staffing tonight?

Reserved rigs staged around the area?

Couple years ago i know Sq252 & Sq61 staged in Manhattan

Rescue 6 on the Manhattan frequency @17:37
Ladder 152 on the Manhattan frequency en route to Ladder 13 to pick up their 2nd Piece @18:28
Ladder 175 on the Manhattan frequency en route to Ladder 2 to pick up their 2nd Piece @18:35

I am pretty sure there are units being staged to the East and West of TS, so that no units need to cross TS.  There are also numerous FDNY/EMS "golf carts" within TS with heavy duty fire extingquishers and EMT's/Paramedices.  There is also FC or a mobile command post stationed in TS.

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 06:59:21 PM »
 A very cold night for the members of the FDNY, NYPD and FDNY/EMS who are out there protecting the extra one million or so people that come into NYC for this New Years Eve Celebration.

I wish EVERYBODY a Safe and Joyous New Years. As well as our Emergency Providers both at Tymes Sq and throughout the city on this very busy, cold, very special night.

I remember going to Tymes Sq with my wife back in the early 1980s. My advice - MAKE SURE YOU GO PEE PEE. There's a long line at those port-a-potties. And don't think somebody will save your spot in the crowd. It just ain't gonna happen.

All kidding aside, of course we are now also concerned with security. I'm sure that the City of New York has the BEST trained and ready personnel throughout any other city in the entire world. I'm sure this night has been in the planning stages months earlier.

Offline BoroCall

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 10:19:38 PM »
As of 10:pm in NYC it is 9 degrees and we are on course to be the 2nd coldest New Years in NYC (Times Square) history.

God Bless all our wonderful FDNY, NYPD who are keeping us safe in this extremely frigged night.

Offline STAjo

• Former NY State EMT, NYC Security, Buff
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 10:25:35 PM »

"God Bless all our wonderful FDNY, NYPD who are keeping us safe in this extremely frigged night"
Well Said, BoroCall. Amen.

Offline BoroCall

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 10:26:06 PM »
A very cold night for the members of the FDNY, NYPD and FDNY/EMS who are out there protecting the extra one million or so people that come into NYC for this New Years Eve Celebration.

I wish EVERYBODY a Safe and Joyous New Years. As well as our Emergency Providers both at Tymes Sq and throughout the city on this very busy, cold, very special night.

I remember going to Tymes Sq with my wife back in the early 1980s. My advice - MAKE SURE YOU GO PEE PEE. There's a long line at those port-a-potties. And don't think somebody will save your spot in the crowd. It just ain't gonna happen.

All kidding aside, of course we are now also concerned with security. I'm sure that the City of New York has the BEST trained and ready personnel throughout any other city in the entire world. I'm sure this night has been in the planning stages months earlier.

I for one, just do not get how those folks do it these days, they stand there for hours no food or drink, and those who do drink before, are very very sorry that they did.  I used to go to TS way back in the 60's & early 70's when all this stuff was not even thought of.

May I wish everyone, everywhere a VERY safe, healthy, & happy New Year and all the best in 2018.

anything