Author Topic: Must See Live Action-Training Vid./FF's Injured  (Read 2114 times)

Offline STAjo

• Former NY State EMT, NYC Security, Buff
Must See Live Action-Training Vid./FF's Injured
« on: January 30, 2018, 01:25:57 PM »

Car Drives Over Supply Line - 2 Injured:

http://www.firefighterclosecalls.com/vehicle-drives-over-supply-line-2-firefighters-injured/

Be Safe.   ;)

Nycfire.net

Must See Live Action-Training Vid./FF's Injured
« on: January 30, 2018, 01:25:57 PM »

Offline memory master

Re: Must See Live Action-Training Vid./FF's Injured
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 02:18:59 PM »
"Don't they understand I HAVE to be somewhere in a few minutes. Couldn't they put that hose in a different place? Of all the gall and nerve saying I did something wrong. Mmmmpff!"
And probably something along those lines was uttered. Bet they didn't even give a damn about the injured members. Sorry to be so cynical gents, but I've had it with most of today's society and the 'ME' crowd.

Offline DaBronx_Bomber

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 05:50:15 PM »
What did I just watch? They ran that hose out several hundred feet in the street. It was bound to get driven over by someone.  ???

Offline STAjo

• Former NY State EMT, NYC Security, Buff
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 09:32:05 PM »
What did I just watch? They ran that hose out several hundred feet in the street. It was bound to get driven over by someone.  ???

True That, but; Look where it got run over - Right Next to da' Rig !  ::)

Offline BoroCall

• Former:NYCRelief,Recovery,Support & counties
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 10:41:39 PM »
Gees!!  How many blocks/feet was that "flying" stretch??  I sure hope they had a high-pressure hydrant to hook-up to, and maybe even some Rapid Water - for that length of a run
if they don't want a trickle coming out of the hose!!:

Offline CFDMarshal

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 07:36:49 PM »
Not uncommon to have hydrants 1000 feet or more apart in suburban and rural areas. My speculation is that was the closest hydrant but the turn into the complex made it a bit longer. Looks like they were also going to supply the truck that came in after the layout.

Constant thorn in my side before I retired from FD was arguing with the powers to be over water lines and hydrants. One plus is we are getting sprinkler systems in all multi-family and single family where the water distribution is poor.

anything