Author Topic: FDNY Switching to APX radios  (Read 1533 times)

Offline CPL22586

FDNY Switching to APX radios
« on: March 31, 2018, 05:34:25 AM »
I recently saw that the FDNY is switching to the APX 8000XEs and was wondering if anybody happened to have the updated channel layouts?

Thanks

Nycfire.net

FDNY Switching to APX radios
« on: March 31, 2018, 05:34:25 AM »

Offline Bulldog

Re: FDNY Switching to APX radios
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 11:18:03 AM »
Just because they are changing radios doesn't necessarily mean (and doesn't mean in this case) and they are changing their channel layout.

Offline stretch

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 01:57:40 PM »
With all of the encryption available for these radios does this signal an end to our ability to listen in to fire ground radios?

"Multiple Hardware Encryption Algorithms like AES, DES, ADP with up to 128 keys so sensitive information stays protected from scanners and eavesdroppers."

Offline paul612

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 01:18:14 PM »
digital, never mind encryption on a fire ground is a no-go all day long. There are studies about the topic. I don't think you'll see encryption for line companies. Maybe for chiefs and above at some point but I wouldn't worry about it.

The APX line offers much more capabilities that the old XTS line doesn't. I would think the current zones will stay the same. Especially for line companies. The chiefs and higher ups will probably have more access to more zones and channels.

anything