Author Topic: 4/11/18 Brooklyn 4th Alarm Box 2859  (Read 7414 times)

Offline tem217

Re: 4/11/18 Brooklyn 4th Alarm Box 2859
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2018, 07:55:01 PM »
Maybe WWF45 presented his opinion inartfully, but the the question he raises is a good one. Cities are being crushed by demand for services at the same time they are having trouble paying for retirees pensions and health care. Chicago is broke. Hartford is broke. Milwaukee just closed six firehouses and eight companies. We all know about Detroit. In New York, rapid transit and public housing are broke. Medicaid cost increases seem unstoppable. To quote Nobel Laureate Milton Friedman..."When something can't go on, it won't"!
except public assistance

Nycfire.net

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2018, 07:55:01 PM »

Offline CFDMarshal

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2018, 10:07:24 AM »
I have watched NFL for over 50 years but that does not make me a pro football player or even a coach! I have been in the FD for over 35 years at all levels from firefighter to chief, volunteer to paid, and the presence of Monday morning quarterbacks never cease to amaze me. The sacrifice that all members of service are asked to make continue to get more demanding. WE do not allow fire to burn itself out. It takes manpower and equipment to accomplish that task. Watching a video and drawing a firm conclusion regarding what is needed is presumptuous.

Offline twoteamtease

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2018, 11:37:37 AM »
Maybe WWF45 presented his opinion inartfully, but the the question he raises is a good one. Cities are being crushed by demand for services at the same time they are having trouble paying for retirees pensions and health care. Chicago is broke. Hartford is broke. Milwaukee just closed six firehouses and eight companies. We all know about Detroit. In New York, rapid transit and public housing are broke. Medicaid cost increases seem unstoppable. To quote Nobel Laureate Milton Friedman..."When something can't go on, it won't"!

What point do you think he was trying to make exactly?

Are you saying the FDNY as well as other departments are making their municipalities broke by having their members show up to work everyday for 20 some odd years?

Offline FDNYSTATENISLAND

• Future FDNY
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »
Contractor arrested for illegal use of torch while working on roof - deemed cause of fire. Charged with reckless endangerment.

Offline entropychaser

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2018, 06:32:59 PM »
It' very simple. Several years ago David Tepper..the richest man in New Jersey moved to Florida. This caused a loss of $50 million to the state budget yearly. Reportedly about 60,000 individuals pay 90% of the NYC taxes. When they wise up and move to Florida, WWF45 will no longer be bothered by firemen standing around at a fire...they will be standing in an unemployment line.

Offline twoteamtease

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2018, 09:38:30 PM »
It' very simple. Several years ago David Tepper..the richest man in New Jersey moved to Florida. This caused a loss of $50 million to the state budget yearly. Reportedly about 60,000 individuals pay 90% of the NYC taxes. When they wise up and move to Florida, WWF45 will no longer be bothered by firemen standing around at a fire...they will be standing in an unemployment line.

Its far from that simple.

Your example is extremely far fetched and bizarre.

Im not going to get into the NYC Fire Pension Fund but lets just say it doesnt rely that much on taxpayer monies.

The admin puts out a fair request to stop the monday morning quarterbacking on tactics and a couple of you very cutely slide in generic, underhanded insults of the need to cut staffing due to the supposed “strain” the most professional, respected, world renowned department in the world puts on the taxpayers.

Offline entropychaser

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2018, 09:59:52 AM »
Jeez...you asked what HE meant and I told you. You may want to ask the brothers in Milwaukee what the practical implication of what he meant is. I didn't mention pensions, tactics reduced staffing or "strain". You did.....And by the way, I'm going to the memorial for Rusty Staub and have made my donation to the NY Police & Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund in his honor.....And you?

Offline memory master

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »
Gentlemen, this is a highly regarded, respectful and friendly site. If there is any further conversation may I suggest personal PM's. I don't think this is the place for semantics and tiffs. JMHO

Offline FDNYSTATENISLAND

• Future FDNY
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2018, 02:59:24 PM »
Gentlemen, this is a highly regarded, respectful and friendly site. If there is any further conversation may I suggest personal PM's. I don't think this is the place for semantics and tiffs. JMHO
Agreed. ^ thread about a 4th alarm hijacked.

Offline mikeindabronx

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2018, 06:38:40 PM »

I also agree

Offline manhattan

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2018, 07:06:58 PM »

I also agree

Count me in.

Offline Museborn

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2018, 09:45:28 PM »

I also agree

Count me in.

Me too.  This site is where I go to get information regarding FDNY runs and workers.  If I want opinion, I'll read the Times or the Post.