Author Topic: Site Problem - Attachments/Charts/Pictures Lost  (Read 2244 times)

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: Site Problem - Attachments/Charts/Pictures Lost
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 01:25:15 PM »
Keep up the good work Mike and Tom. I for one are indebted to you guys for creating and maintaining this site. It has opened up a whole new set of friends from the brotherhood.

CFD is right. It is THIS SITE that is responsible for introducing me to so many great guys who are all into the same thing. They come from all over the world and all walks of life. I consider them my BEST FRIENDS.

Tommy B and Mike M., BOTH have done a GREAT JOB putting this all together at NO COST to any of us. I consider it an honor to know them both personally.

Today, I'm very grateful for what I've been given by them. I think it's safe to say that we all just want it to stay as it's been. There's been a few technical issues and if I can help in anyway, "I will". And I'm sure there's others that would too. 

Several years ago some of us got together for the first time. It was a kind of meet and greet thing. We met at a restaurant in the Bronx for just one evening meal. Maybe 18-20 guys altogether. Some of the guys might remember that. That was the very beginning of a much longer friendship shared by many of us today. It has been suggested that maybe we should try to do that again. Just a one meal sit down dinner. 

Here's a Little Blast from the Past:
 As I remember we even had a raffle in which CFDMarshall had won the prize. For him it was well worth the trip to come all the way up from Tennessee. And he still comes to visit here once in awhile. 

If I remember correctly, I stayed in the Bronx that night and Mike M told me he would call me if any big job came in. Sure enough, actually it was right over the Bronx border of Boston Rd. A gasoline tanker on fire and I remember seeing Squad 61 pass by me responding to it, along with other FDNY units mutual aid. I think the fire was in Pelham, NY (?).

Nycfire.net

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 01:25:15 PM »

Online 68jk09

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 04:16:17 PM »
Keep up the good work Mike and Tom. I for one are indebted to you guys for creating and maintaining this site. It has opened up a whole new set of friends from the brotherhood.
EXACTLY

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 07:23:45 AM »
What happened to the attachments in all the threads - articles, pictures, charts, apparatus, etc?  Threads are now empty with small black boxes with an "x".  Much, much information lost.

I just did a "random check" and it appears that this problem has been resolved. THANK YOU to this sites Administrators, "tbendick", "truck 4" and "jbendick" for correcting this problem.

Those pictures etc, highlighted the entire thread and I'm sure took many hours for the individuals to find, then post here for all of us to see and understand better.

In addition to that, a few of us, including myself, were having a problem with the entire General Discussion area of this site. That problem has also been resolved.

Thanks and you guys just "Made My Day".

Uncle Wilfred