Author Topic: Preserving Special Threads  (Read 547 times)

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Preserving Special Threads
« on: July 10, 2018, 09:03:48 AM »
 A very good point has been brought up in the "FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd section" thread.

A tremendous amount of research and work has gone into each and every one of those Firehouse/Fire Companies Stories. The same with the original "FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies" thread that for some reason, became locked out. At that point, "mack", who started that original Firehouse thread decided to begin the next generation of that topic naming it the "FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd section".

We also know that these threads combined have drawn a huge interest among the members of this site and the One Million Views is quickly approaching.

The point that has been brought up is, "How do we preserve this very valuable, historic information that can be passed down to the younger generation" ? Everything posted in those two threads should be saved and archived. Not only for our interest, but for the interest of the entire FDNY and it's future generations.

Maybe with the amount of information in those two threads, the FDNY might be interested in it as well. But how can this be preserved for future generations to view and learn of the history of each FDNY Firehouse, Company Members, Individual Medals and Unit Citations, the Apparatus, along with the many videos ? Perhaps firehouses that fathers, grandfathers, and great fathers once worked in.

How do we replace this information if ever lost ? That's why many here feel that somehow this needs to be preserved for those, even outside this web site, to be able to view.

I'm sure it can be done. I'm hoping somebody here would know how to do that. I will ask Lt Tommy B "tbendick" about it, but lately I've been bugging the guy with all kinds of various matters. ("Jez, not this guy Willy again").

So if anybody here has some thoughts on how to do it, let us know.

Nycfire.net

Preserving Special Threads
« on: July 10, 2018, 09:03:48 AM »

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: Preserving Special Threads
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 09:48:18 PM »
 I've been told that the site administrator, Lt Tommy B., has everything backed up.

Offline manhattan

Re: Preserving Special Threads
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 12:55:53 AM »
Wonderful!  Truly great news!  And, once again, many thanks to Lt Tommy B. for this important work and everything else he and his dad do.  Bravo Zulu and God Bless!