Author Topic: New Rescues in Production  (Read 9080 times)

Offline TLTruckie

Re: New Rescues in Production
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2019, 07:12:41 PM »

Not sure how to share the Facebook link. Also in the comments a few people are saying that the current rescues when replaced are going to remain fully stocked. I would have to guess that wouldn’t be the case but maybe someone was could elaborate that knows more than I
. Yes , that is true ,each Rescue will be keep their old rig as a fully equipped spare , will make doing a rig change over super quick and also SOC will be able to staff an addition Rescue comp much quicker too....like R-6 is used now .  For major incidents, high profile events , POTUS standbys . As it is now , there are 3 rescue spare rigs and one reserve (R-6) ,so by doing this they are only adding one ...maybe two ( they might still keep the Pierce as a spare ) rigs to the fleet .

Nycfire.net

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2019, 07:12:41 PM »

Offline Bulldog

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2019, 11:00:37 PM »

Not sure how to share the Facebook link. Also in the comments a few people are saying that the current rescues when replaced are going to remain fully stocked. I would have to guess that wouldn’t be the case but maybe someone was could elaborate that knows more than I
. Yes , that is true ,each Rescue will be keep their old rig as a fully equipped spare , will make doing a rig change over super quick and also SOC will be able to staff an addition Rescue comp much quicker too....like R-6 is used now .  For major incidents, high profile events , POTUS standbys . As it is now , there are 3 rescue spare rigs and one reserve (R-6) ,so by doing this they are only adding one ...maybe two ( they might still keep the Pierce as a spare ) rigs to the fleet .
That's certainly going to increase the cost of buying the new rescues considerably. I have no idea what the total cost of equipment they curious but I'm sure several hundred thousand dollars at least.

Offline NYBravest82

• LCPhotowerx
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2019, 05:59:44 PM »
Where they gonna put R1's spare? the roof of the firehouse?  ;D

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2019, 06:08:41 PM »
There will be room in the new FH.

Offline Brooklynalex32

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2019, 07:28:46 PM »
There will be room in the new FH.

New firehouse?

Offline fdny747

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2019, 08:38:52 PM »
I did speak to a Lt. at R-4 a while back and the long term goal is to have all the Rescues like Rescue 2 and 3 were they are alone and the Collapse Rescue in the same house.

Offline raybrag

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2019, 08:58:48 AM »
The new R5 is wending its way toward its new home . . . stopped in Tennessee for the night.  Terry Stokes photos. Probably the last time you'll ever see a photo of this rig with the back doors closed.

Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline Bulldog

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2019, 10:18:34 AM »
That series of photos of R-5 traveling to New York are interesting. Every other FDNY vehicle has had all of their FDNY emblems covered while being transported. This 1 doesn't, I wonder what story behind that is?

Offline Fdny000

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2019, 06:22:22 PM »
The new R5 is wending its way toward its new home . . . stopped in Tennessee for the night.  Terry Stokes photos. Probably the last time you'll ever see a photo of this rig with the back doors closed.

☝️ Winter is coming and the doors will be closed.