Author Topic: New Rescues in Production  (Read 25892 times)

Offline TLTruckie

Re: New Rescues in Production
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2019, 07:12:41 PM »

Not sure how to share the Facebook link. Also in the comments a few people are saying that the current rescues when replaced are going to remain fully stocked. I would have to guess that wouldn’t be the case but maybe someone was could elaborate that knows more than I
. Yes , that is true ,each Rescue will be keep their old rig as a fully equipped spare , will make doing a rig change over super quick and also SOC will be able to staff an addition Rescue comp much quicker too....like R-6 is used now .  For major incidents, high profile events , POTUS standbys . As it is now , there are 3 rescue spare rigs and one reserve (R-6) ,so by doing this they are only adding one ...maybe two ( they might still keep the Pierce as a spare ) rigs to the fleet .

Nycfire.net

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2019, 07:12:41 PM »

Offline Bulldog

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2019, 11:00:37 PM »

Not sure how to share the Facebook link. Also in the comments a few people are saying that the current rescues when replaced are going to remain fully stocked. I would have to guess that wouldn’t be the case but maybe someone was could elaborate that knows more than I
. Yes , that is true ,each Rescue will be keep their old rig as a fully equipped spare , will make doing a rig change over super quick and also SOC will be able to staff an addition Rescue comp much quicker too....like R-6 is used now .  For major incidents, high profile events , POTUS standbys . As it is now , there are 3 rescue spare rigs and one reserve (R-6) ,so by doing this they are only adding one ...maybe two ( they might still keep the Pierce as a spare ) rigs to the fleet .
That's certainly going to increase the cost of buying the new rescues considerably. I have no idea what the total cost of equipment they curious but I'm sure several hundred thousand dollars at least.

Offline NYBravest82

• LCPhotowerx
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2019, 05:59:44 PM »
Where they gonna put R1's spare? the roof of the firehouse?  ;D

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2019, 06:08:41 PM »
There will be room in the new FH.

Offline Brooklynalex32

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2019, 07:28:46 PM »
There will be room in the new FH.

New firehouse?

Offline fdny747

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2019, 08:38:52 PM »
I did speak to a Lt. at R-4 a while back and the long term goal is to have all the Rescues like Rescue 2 and 3 were they are alone and the Collapse Rescue in the same house.

Online raybrag

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2019, 08:58:48 AM »
The new R5 is wending its way toward its new home . . . stopped in Tennessee for the night.  Terry Stokes photos. Probably the last time you'll ever see a photo of this rig with the back doors closed.

Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline Bulldog

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2019, 10:18:34 AM »
That series of photos of R-5 traveling to New York are interesting. Every other FDNY vehicle has had all of their FDNY emblems covered while being transported. This 1 doesn't, I wonder what story behind that is?

Offline Fdny000

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2019, 06:22:22 PM »
The new R5 is wending its way toward its new home . . . stopped in Tennessee for the night.  Terry Stokes photos. Probably the last time you'll ever see a photo of this rig with the back doors closed.

☝️ Winter is coming and the doors will be closed.

Offline Jedi1973

• UK Firefighter and aviation enthusiast.
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2019, 05:51:28 AM »
A new firehouse for R1??

Jarrod
Everybody Goes Home..

Offline wfd444

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2019, 06:08:03 AM »
Current R1 firehouse could become an Eng 2 firehouse for the Hudson Yards and a new R! firehouse built elsewhere along the lines of R2 firehouse.

Offline Jedi1973

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2019, 08:48:49 PM »
So the current Rescues are 2011 rigs, what is the lifespan of FDNY Rescues? Is it shorter than normal apparatus? As by my reckoning the current Ferraras would not be due to be replaced until 2022??

Regards

JT
Everybody Goes Home..

Online FDNYSTATENISLAND

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2019, 09:02:52 PM »
Might be shorter than the regular apparatus, Rescue 5’s new rig is almost done if not done already.

Offline Jedi1973

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2019, 09:37:32 PM »
I reckon mile for mile R5 rig must be up there running into its Brooklyn boxes, i reckon followed by R2 then R3.

I do not have enough knowledge of R4 to comment.

JT
Everybody Goes Home..

Offline fdnycand89

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2019, 09:40:56 PM »
I believe it’s every 7-8 years for the rescues