Author Topic: La county engine  (Read 1050 times)

Offline capthale

La county engine
« on: November 26, 2018, 03:23:51 PM »
 Would anybody know the hoses carried on a la county engine? I have searched everywhere and even on other sites but know luck thx.
Retired Merchant Marine Officer
U.S. Army Vet

Nycfire.net

La county engine
« on: November 26, 2018, 03:23:51 PM »

Offline CFDMarshal

Re: La county engine
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:15:02 PM »
What would you like to know? Crosslays? supply hose?
 LA County Fire Museum will answer email questions very promptly.

Offline capthale

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »
Yes thanks for the advice thatís what Iím looking for
U.S. Army Vet

Offline capthale

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 01:55:07 PM »
But if you have those hose specs that would be great thanks
U.S. Army Vet

Offline truckman

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 12:51:41 AM »
Did you find what you were looking for ?  I work for LACOFD since 92í ....in reality youíll find there is no standard.  Almost every rig is allowed to customize there loads and lengths.  There is only a minimum footage that is required.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 07:24:49 AM »
Did you find what you were looking for ?  I work for LACOFD since 92í ....in reality youíll find there is no standard.  Almost every rig is allowed to customize there loads and lengths.  There is only a minimum footage that is required.

Thank you "truckman". When I saw that question, I wondered myself and then hearing that each company hose loads and lengths is custom for it's area, kind of surprised me.

Welcome to this NYC Fire Dept site. We don't get guys too often from your side of town (Calif). I know that Elwood E., from Tenn, aka CFDMarshall, has been out there and also this site administrator, Retired FDNY Capt John B., aka "jbendick" has a good friend out there.

I was out there in 1984. Not too many of us here in the northeast can relate to those brush fires like you guys get.

If you can, send me a PM (NFD2004) and I'd like to tell the guys here about you and where you work.

Of course if you ever get out here, we'd do our best to show you around.

Offline truckman

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 05:34:20 PM »
Occasionally youíll get shift wars with one shift wanting a load one way then the other shifts looses it or surrenders.  Thatís about as exciting as our hose loads get...I always felt I was born atleast 2000 miles too far west.  The brush fires...lol.  Itís just cyclical here.  The rich folk/hipsters like living in the brush in Malibu and other parts no matter what...they end up getting burned out every 30-50 years.  All you can do is hold it at the ocean...or let it go into the next county...lol.  Iím not trying to sound salty.  When I first came on we burnt half of Malibu down in 93í.  They said weíre safe for another 50 years. Yup not so much ...Iíve Seen those new house re-built that are ďfire resistiveĒ burn down again. Then they got right back in and build. Boggles the mind.  It does make good pics for hell on earth images and the best sunsets. It blows my mind guys burning up crews and rigs for this....I guess itís what we like to do.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 05:36:52 PM by truckman »

anything