Author Topic: PFS & CTS  (Read 1237 times)

Fireinfo101

PFS & CTS
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:53:13 AM »
What is the PFS & CTS units located at the fire academy?

There are CTS Engines & Ladders.
as well as PFS Engines.

Nycfire.net

PFS & CTS
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:53:13 AM »

Offline 68jk09

Re: PFS & CTS
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 01:29:46 AM »
Probationary FFs School  &  Chauffer Training School.

Offline BCR

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 11:49:10 AM »
PFS (Probationary Firefighter School) and CTS (Chauffer training school), both fall under the Bureau of Training. The PFS engines and trucks are assigned to the PFS school and are hand me downs used for the training of new firefighters. The CTS engines and trucks are assigned to the CTS school. Usually with each order when the design changes an addition apparatus is ordered for the CTS which is usually the first delivered  (2011 Ferrara Rear Mount, 2014 KME Engine, 2008 Seagrave Engine etc.) if I recall the only apparatus that CTS only gets as a hand me down is a TDA. However the CTS fleet does consist of both New and handme down apparatus to provide members the training on all types of apparatus hey may encounter and to have sufficient apparatus to use in the training.  The CTS apparatus are used to train members on there operation and to certify / qualify members to serve as drivers. In the past the New CTS engines have pulled double duty as the ciasson when there was not one available.

Offline baileyjeff

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 12:55:47 PM »
The trucks assigned are ready and available to go in service at a firehouse on a moments notice.