Author Topic: 1-21-19 COUNCILMAN WANTS EXTRA FIREFIGHTER FOR ALL FDNY ENGINE COMPANIES  (Read 947 times)

Offline guitarman314

• Photobucket

Nycfire.net

Offline memory master

I don't want to be the pessimist here but I don't think this will happen and if it does what will be the give back?

Offline FDNY Response Videos

• Previously “Battalion10buff”
    • FDNY Response Videos
In 2011, the FDNY under Mayor Bloomberg removed the fifth firefighter from every company, instead requiring that two engine companies of four firefighters respond to each call.

What do they mean by this? Are they just attempting to understand the FDNY dispatch policy or is that requirement real? Far as I know 5-7 Signals only Require 1&1 and a 10-22 only requires a single engine...
Find my videos at--> YouTube.com/FDNYResponseVideos

Offline memory master

In my opinion what they mean is that they don't know what they (Post) mean as it relates to dispatch criteria.

Offline 68jk09

What they are referring to is the policy that since the ENG only has 4 FFs that at an actual Fire 2 ENGS will pair up & operate together to operate on a line.

Offline JA290

In 2011, the FDNY under Mayor Bloomberg removed the fifth firefighter from every company, instead requiring that two engine companies of four firefighters respond to each call.

What do they mean by this? Are they just attempting to understand the FDNY dispatch policy or is that requirement real? Far as I know 5-7 Signals only Require 1&1 and a 10-22 only requires a single engine...

They’re talking about Structural responses

Offline FDNY Response Videos

• Previously “Battalion10buff”
    • FDNY Response Videos
What they are referring to is the policy that since the ENG only has 4 FFs that at an actual Fire 2 ENGS will pair up & operate together to operate on a line.

Thanks. I knew that was the way the FDNY operates, but the way the article was worded it was a bit hard to decipher what they were trying to say ;)
Find my videos at--> YouTube.com/FDNYResponseVideos

anything