Author Topic: Keeping the Peace Among Us  (Read 742 times)

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Keeping the Peace Among Us
« on: February 25, 2019, 07:15:44 PM »
 I think it's safe to say that we all agree, "this is a GREAT WEB SITE". It doesn't cost "ANY" of us one dime to be a part of it. There has been many long lasting friendships as a result of it. Personally, I will tell you that most of my BEST FRIENDS are from this site.

There has been a couple of incidents that occurred today (2/25), that needed to be addressed. Both "mack" and myself had discussed one earlier and we both decided that a few comments needed to be deleted. Generally speaking that very seldom happens here. I can only remember maybe once or twice where a comment had to be deleted in the past.

We all have basically the same interest, otherwise we wouldn't be here. I remember an old saying; "One for All and All for One". That's true because we are all a part of a Brotherhood right here. I'm glad I'm a part of it and I hope you are too.

Lets keep up the great relationship among us. For the guys who had a few issues today, a private message saying "I'm sorry" to each other will probably go a long way". It really doesn't matter who was right or who was wrong or who started it.

I appreciate your help.

"NFD2004", aka Willy D

Nycfire.net

Keeping the Peace Among Us
« on: February 25, 2019, 07:15:44 PM »

Offline STAjo

• Former NY State EMT, NYC Security, Buff
Re: Keeping the Peace Among Us
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 07:21:45 PM »

Well Said, Bill. Things were starting to get a bit petty. It was an annoying distraction from
what we've come to expect here. Thanks

Offline 8060rock

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 07:26:41 PM »
Nice bit of "policing" Bill.....thank you!

Offline fdce54

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 07:47:48 PM »
Don't force Willy D to get his Irish up.

Offline raybrag

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 08:19:30 PM »
Thanks to you and Joe for acting, Bill.  I had a private message conversation with another site member over the past few days.  I, too have been upset over a couple of members' posts recently, and for the most part have been able to bite my tongue and refrain from posting responses to what I considered unnecessary complaints.  I agree with Stajo's comment . . . petty grouching about another member has no place on this site (unless it involves you and Big Macs).  I hope that a few of the folks who prompted your action recognize themselves and mend their ways.
Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline manhattan

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 12:10:18 AM »
I don't know what the issue was, but if Willy and mack felt the need to intervene I'm sure it was worth their time.   One of the reasons this site is so good is that the members show their professionalism, good manners, civility, good breeding and respect for themselves and each other in sharing information and ideas.

Site owners, Moderators and Members - thank you and keep up the grand work!

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 12:15:07 AM »
^^^^ Well said.

Offline 68jk09

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 12:27:21 AM »
I am not sure what the original issue was but hopefully it will be resolved ....this is one of the FD related sites that most get along...sometime PMs between the posters may resolve & avoid confrontations "On The Air" .JMHO.

Offline memory master

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 08:01:23 AM »
Touche'

Offline 1261Truckie

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 09:19:04 AM »
Well said, All. I completely agree: good site, good people!

Offline CFDMarshal

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 10:43:05 AM »
Well it seems that I have missed all the action, so hopefully I am not a part of this action! Whew! As I type this, the wife and I are on our way back from a cruise from New Zealand to Australia. Sitting in a lounge in LAX waiting on the flight to Nashville. I could only visit the site once while on the cruise. Glad to be back to my daily checks. We left home the 8th and will be home the afternoon of the 26th. While on the cruise I met a members parents. He is at Ladder 82, Steven C. Had a good chat, yes it is a brotherhood. The members in Sydney were great as well.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 11:02:05 AM by CFDMarshal »

Offline fltpara16

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 07:17:14 PM »
CFD Marshal, I was bad mouthing you for not taking me on the cruise...thanks Uncle Wilfred and Mack for letting me back on the site! ;D

Offline CFDMarshal

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 07:20:16 PM »
CFD Marshal, I was bad mouthing you for not taking me on the cruise...thanks Uncle Wilfred and Mack for letting me back on the site! ;D
You, my friend never answered my text!