Author Topic: Member Get Together  (Read 6676 times)

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
Re: Member Get Together
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2019, 06:49:55 PM »
 I have been advised that we "DO" have a place for Saturday May 11th with a room, food and drinks.

Thank you to the guys who put a huge effort into working on this for us.

I'll have more information on this very soon.

Nycfire.net

« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2019, 06:49:55 PM »

Offline CFDMarshal

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2019, 09:14:11 AM »
That is great news, I was coming anyway!

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2019, 01:50:39 PM »
 Now less than One Month to go.

We need to also thank Retired FDNY Brooklyn dispatcher Warren Fuchs, former Dispatcher 120, aka "The Voice of Brooklyn". He played a Big Part in getting us a place for that date (May 11th) when it was beginning to look very doubtful.

Thanks Warren, and THANKS to Retired B/C Jack Kleehaas and Retired Captain John Bendick for all the work they have done for us to make this possible. Also, Joe Materia, aka "mack", has been very involved with helping to organize this event.

If anyone would like to bring in any photos, models, books etc, for display or for sale, I think that might be welcomed too. In going through my collection, I found a couple of books, code 3 FDNY models, and photos, that I would like to put on display (although not for sale guys). 

So let the count down begin.

Offline fdce54

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2019, 01:52:41 PM »
Come on Uncle Wilfred. Tell us where we're going already. ;D

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2019, 02:36:13 PM »
Come on Uncle Wilfred. Tell us where we're going already. ;D

Frank, I think we are going to your house ?

No, just kidding. Frank is a GREAT GUY and a really good friend of mine.

Actually, I've only been told that we have a place and it's near the water. It's on a tight street so I'm guessing maybe Rockaway.

Offline raybrag

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2019, 05:12:05 PM »
Frank:  Don't worry.  Willy will tell you where it is on the morning of the 12th.  ::)
Ray Braguglia
Newport News VA

Offline fdce54

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2019, 07:56:46 PM »
Frank:  Don't worry.  Willy will tell you where it is on the morning of the 12th.  ::)
Not just me, everyone. This way he gets to eat all the chow on the 11th. :)

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2019, 08:59:10 PM »
 When it comes to food, "raybrag" and "fdce54" love to tell the entire world my best kept secrets. But I know both of those guys and they are really "harmless".

Anyway, let's get down to business here.

Regarding the Member Get Together on Saturday May 11th, I'll be sending out an email to all those who have signed up and plan to attend. I have everybody's email address except one or two guys. But as soon as I hear from them, I'll be sending out that updated info.

Offline gjb114

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2019, 06:14:58 AM »
Exciting day for some of the members on this site as they get together for libation and conversation. I wish all of you in attendance a GREAT time!!!

Online nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2019, 08:11:58 AM »
Thank you gjb114, this is the day weve all been waiting for. Lots of chit chat, lots of goodies and maybe even a few surprises.

About 40 attending as I understand it.

Special thank you to retired B/C Jack Kleehaas, Retired Fire Dispatcher Warren Fuchs, Member Joe Materia Mack. Also of course Retired Capt John Bendick and his son Lt Tom Bendick, because they were the ones that started this entire NYCFIRE thing going in the first place.

Offline fdce54

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2019, 08:28:23 AM »
Gentlemen attending today's get together, don't forget to wear your RED T-SHIRTS in honor of Willy D.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:31:07 AM by fdce54 »

Offline grumpy grizzly

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2019, 12:45:44 PM »
Enjoy yourselves gang, rehab is progressing slowly but surely!
FAC 20 TASS 68-69 SVN. Hue/PhuBai , Boston Spark from 71-79, Chicago 79-15, Bloomington/Normal 2015- present

Online JohnnyGage

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2019, 08:06:27 PM »
Great time today, great stories, great conversations! Well done Willy and Joe. It was fun reconnecting with old friends from the Glory Days and meeting new ones! Outstanding time. And thanks for the new lunch box...by the way, Willy ate the peanuts that were inside!....

Offline johnd248

• Aux. Lieut. at E. 248 1964-73
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2019, 09:00:32 AM »
Fantastic time catching up with some "young" friends that I have known for over 50 years.  You all look "mahvelous".  Dispatching crew well represented with Waahren Fuchs, Newt Tanner, Bill "Still at It" Ladell, and Steve Turnlund, yes he was a dispatcher to prior to being Battalion Commander of B 41.  Great gifts from several of the players; Willy D is probably still eating.

Offline Parkave32

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2019, 03:48:19 PM »
Thank you again to all that made yesterdays get together possible.Especially Jack, Warren Bill and Joe. It was very nice meeting new people. I am attaching the group picture. I will try to upload more pics later.