Author Topic: SPIT HOODS.  (Read 711 times)

Offline 68jk09

SPIT HOODS.
« on: March 07, 2019, 10:29:43 PM »
Have ANY color spit hoods been issued yet ?....   https://nypost.com/2019/02/28/fdny-was-afraid-spit-hoods-looked-like-kkk-hood-or-blackface/

Nycfire.net

SPIT HOODS.
« on: March 07, 2019, 10:29:43 PM »

Offline manhattan

Re: SPIT HOODS.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 10:47:39 PM »
Aw, please.  Can we get some grownups in city government?!  Let's return to the glorious days of reality.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:51:17 PM by manhattan »

Offline memory master

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 01:42:03 PM »
I am so happy that I'm out. Between what color the hoods can be to having to measure snow, what other goofy missions can they think of?

Offline memory master

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 06:44:04 PM »
Now that I have a moment I'd like to say a few words on the above subject. Years ago a "spitter" was put in the stair chair or on the stretcher with the patient securement straps affixed to him/her in such a way that their hands were not free and an 02 mask was placed on their face and if a guy was wearing a tee shirt that was pulled up over his head. This nonsense in today's society of "being offended" is getting out of hand. The PD cannot do their job for fear of "offending someone", EMS can't get a damn hood for fear of "offending someone" and come to think of it, the firehouse kitchen has to be careful about preparing meals that might "offend someone." Give it a rest and grow the hell up because I might be offended by you hipsters being offended. Sorry guys just had to vent a bit and take another BP pill.

Offline nfd2004

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 08:46:31 PM »
Now that I have a moment I'd like to say a few words on the above subject. Years ago a "spitter" was put in the stair chair or on the stretcher with the patient securement straps affixed to him/her in such a way that their hands were not free and an 02 mask was placed on their face and if a guy was wearing a tee shirt that was pulled up over his head. This nonsense in today's society of "being offended" is getting out of hand. The PD cannot do their job for fear of "offending someone", EMS can't get a damn hood for fear of "offending someone" and come to think of it, the firehouse kitchen has to be careful about preparing meals that might "offend someone." Give it a rest and grow the hell up because I might be offended by you hipsters being offended. Sorry guys just had to vent a bit and take another BP pill.

"memory master", I'm with you.

I think somebody who is having some serious pain, or maybe can't breath, or maybe just lost a part of their own body, doesn't really care what anybody is wearing. As long as they are helping them to survive.

The concerns of offending someone has reached the point of saving lives vs offending someone because of the color of necessary equipment used.

When I need you (EMS) and I call 911, please be assured, there will be NO CONCERNS of whatever color equipment you decide to use. What I really care about is that you know what to do and how to use that equipment.

Offline manhattan

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 10:37:31 PM »

"memory master", I'm with you.

I think somebody who is having some serious pain, or maybe can't breath, or maybe just lost a part of their own body, doesn't really care what anybody is wearing. As long as they are helping them to survive.

The concerns of offending someone has reached the point of saving lives vs offending someone because of the color of necessary equipment used.

When I need you (EMS) and I call 911, please be assured, there will be NO CONCERNS of whatever color equipment you decide to use. What I really care about is that you know what to do and how to use that equipment.

Both well said.

Offline 69 METS

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 11:01:32 PM »
With the insane, PC climate of NYC, it's likely they will be court ordered to have rainbow colored spit hoods.

anything